• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

7 years ago

Send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare with your account and contact information and concern. If anyone can help, .they can

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Ritzmg wrote:

I need to speak to someone about unlocking my device.   I paid for the device in full I have no contract with AT&T  my bill is paid in full and not late. and i keep getting declined for the unlock 

IMEI: *****

Request number: ******

Hi, GRANT.

Thank you for contacting about unlocking your Apple iPhone 6 Plus A1522 device.

We're unable to approve your request because the IMEI number provided doesn't match a device that's currently on the AT&T network.

To make sure you have the correct information, recheck the IMEI number by dialing *#06# or check the device settings.

Please try submitting a new request .

For more information about unlocking a device, check out our device unlock support page.

Thanks for choosing us,

AT&T

This is an automated email. If you reply to this address, we won't get it.

CORD_X051EH

Call 611 and have the correct IMEI attached to your account. If you've ever replaced a phone on the account, it may still have to old IMEI listed. It doesn't happen automatically.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

I'v verified that the correct IMEI is on my account any other suggestions.  Its been over 24 hours that its been updated on my account.  and its still not approved.

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

7 years ago

@kdfederer wrote:

Send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare with your account and contact information and concern. If anyone can help, .they can

Thanks @kdfederer! That's definitely the right escalation path.

@Anonymous, we've been experiencing some technical problems on our device unlock page that's causing IMEI's not to be recognized. I just got word that the problem has been fixed so I think you'll be good if you submit it again.

If you re-submit and are still getting a rejection notice, follow @kdfederer's advice and send a PM to @ATTMobilityCare so we can investigate.

I apologize about all this; let me know if this helps!

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

Thank you, Just sent a message to them asking them to call me.   Do you think they will call?  I also gave them the details.

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

7 years ago

@Ritzmg wrote:

Thank you, Just sent a message to them asking them to call me.   Do you think they will call?  I also gave them the details.

No problem!

I took a look at the mailbox, and being 100% transparent, it's a little backed up due to all the unlock requests. They will absolutely be giving you a call, but it might take some time as we clear through the backlog (my guess is about 48 hours). In my honest opinion, your best bet is to try the unlock portal again and see what happens.

@If you don't hear from them though in the next day or so, either @ Mention me (by writing @ATTKevin in your post), or shoot me a private message without your personal information and I'll follow-up with them to see where it's at in the queue. Don't worry, you're in the right place Smiley Very Happy

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

7 years ago

Finally was able to chat with a very sweet CSR (Angie) and she got all my info (EMEI's and phone numbers) and she promised me that before the end of the day I would get my iPhones unblocked. Just one hour later got an email confirmation that my iPhones were finally unblocked!!! 

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

Do you know if an att store can unlock it if I go in in person

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

No. It is automated, so even an ATT store will still have to go through the online portal to get it done. There is a specialized unlocking team that can over ride the system (or maybe they just correct the system info), but you must go through @ATTMobilityCare to get to that team.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Writing this up in an extremely frustrated mood. On February 25 2017 I paid off my iPhone 7 and my wife's iPhone 6s. Both were on "Next" plans. We have plans to travel internationally soon and would like to have the convenience of using international SIM cards in our cell phones. We have no intention of taking our business to a different carrier while in the USA (when we return), just need to swap out carriers when abroad which makes a lot of sense financially. I tried using AT&T's device unlock portal to request the unlock. After 2 attempts now I have gotten a "Request Denied" with "We're unable to approve your request because the account holder information provided doesn't match our records." comment and a request to "retry" the request. Nothing about me, my name or my AT&T telephone number has changed. I am not sure why retrying the request with the exact same information is going to buy me anything different and get me my phone's unlocked. I feel that this is just AT&T trying to stall me into getting what is rightfully mine now since I have paid all the money that was due on both my Next plans. I really feel like taking my business to a different US based carrier now given this nonsense that I have to put up with.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.