Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Melissa1005's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 7:38 PM

Can i upgrade to an iphone 5 early?

I am apart of a family plan and currently have an iphone 4. I can't upgrade until next year. How much would it cost if i can upgrade to an iphone 5 early and can i keep the same plan or do i have to switch?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

12 years ago

Earl upgrades are usually $250 plus the upgrade cost of the phone ($199 - $399) IF you are early upgrade eligible.
You should be able to keep all plans

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

please delete posted my own thread

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Will AT&T allow a three month early upgrade on an iPhone 5? I lost my iphone 4s yesterday and although I have it insured, I would like to upgrade since I'm due in 90 days anyway. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Lolajack07 wrote:
Will AT&T allow a three month early upgrade on an iPhone 5? I lost my iphone 4s yesterday and although I have it insured, I would like to upgrade since I'm due in 90 days anyway. Does anyone know if this is possible?

you might be able to upgrade early, but it will not be for the 199.00 price, if you are eligible for a early upgrade to the iphone 5 the cost for a 16GB would be 199.00 + 250.00 earl upgrade charge for a total of 349.00. If you are insured via Asurion your deductable for the phone will be 199.00

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the prompt reply! Do you know if Asurion will allow an upgrade from 4s to 5? Or does is have to be the same model?

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

11 years ago

Asurion will replace your phone with the same model, most likely a refurb.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

11 years ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.