Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 1, 2012
4:39:39 PM
View profile
Can I use my family member's upgrade as my own while still keeping her original phone on the plan?

My mom has a cheaper phone with AT&T and it only costs her about $30 worth of the ~ $130 family plan that we have. I have an iPhone 4S that accounts for the rest of the bill. I shattered my iPhone, and would like a Galaxy SIII anyway... but I'm not eligible to upgrade for another year and a month, but my mom's phone is able to be upgraded. 

Is is possible to upgrade her phone to the Galaxy SIII and also keep her old cheapy phone as one of the phones on the plan (And take the iPhone off)? If so, how?

-Sarah

My mom has a cheaper phone with AT&T and it only costs her about $30 worth of the ~ $130 family plan that we have. I have an iPhone 4S that accounts for the rest of the bill. I shattered my iPhone, and would like a Galaxy SIII anyway... but I'm not eligible to upgrade for another year and a month, but my mom's phone is able to be upgraded. 

Is is possible to upgrade her phone to the Galaxy SIII and also keep her old cheapy phone as one of the phones on the plan (And take the iPhone off)? If so, how?

-Sarah

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 2, 2012 9:24:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Go to a corporate AT&T store and tell them that you want to upgrade your mom's line and switch the Galaxy S III to your line. They can get everything set up for you and switch the basic phone back to your mother's line before you leave the store.

Just login to your account once you get home to make sure that the data plan was removed from your mother's line.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Can I use my family member's upgrade as my own while still keeping her original phone on the plan?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 2, 2012 9:24:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Go to a corporate AT&T store and tell them that you want to upgrade your mom's line and switch the Galaxy S III to your line. They can get everything set up for you and switch the basic phone back to your mother's line before you leave the store.

Just login to your account once you get home to make sure that the data plan was removed from your mother's line.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can I use my family member's upgrade as my own while still keeping her original phone on the pla

2 of 4 (5,309 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2012 11:11:07 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you so much!!

Thank you so much!!

Re: Can I use my family member's upgrade as my own while still keeping her original phone on the pla

3 of 4 (5,299 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2012 1:04:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

You're welcome!

You're welcome!

4 of 4 (5,285 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments