Trade In and Get Rewarded!
SeekingSolution's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 25th, 2018 5:52 AM

Can I transfer an existing AT&T number on an AT&T iPhone 6 to an unlocked Google Pixel 2?

I bought a Google Pixel 2 from the Google store for my wife and want to transfer her existing number to this phone and retire her old iPhone 6.  It seems I need to order a sim card kit online, but the AT&T website keeps asking me to create a new plan rather than simply upgrade her current phone and stay within my existing plan.  I just want to transfer her existing phone number to this new phone and keep my current data plan unchanged. 

Help please!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

There is no need to get a new SIM card. Just transfer the SIM card from the iPhone to the pixel. If you really want a new SIM card, I’m sure there is a way to order one without creating a new plan but not sure how to do that. 

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

The sim should fit. Both take a nano sim

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Hi rightofpassage,

First, thanks for responding.  I understand that a nano sim will fit in the phone and will work on AT&T's network.  What I'm trying to do is transfer the existing phone number currently assigned to the iPhone 6 to the new Google Pixel 2.  I'd also like to order a nano sim from AT&T without having to create a new data plan (which means paying even more money).  Can you help with that?

Thanks!

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

Moving the sim literally transfers the number. The sim is what tells the phone your number

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Ahh, I didn't realize that the iPhone got a sim card when we first purchased it from AT&T long ago.  Thank you both very much!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Just an FYI

Your SIM card contains the phone number and account/plan Information.  Swapping the sim swaps  existing service to the new phone.  It’s that simple.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.