Trade In and Get Rewarded!
solaris72's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, November 10th, 2012 3:25 AM

Buying Iphone5 from Apple

I have family plan and i have 2 iphones (boht eligible) and i'm the primary and i upgraded my iphone to iphone5 on the first day itself and received my phone through att.com.

Now im planning to upgrade my 2nd iphone and i would like to upgrade through Apple?   My question is will it reset my contract and my unlimited data plan?   The only thing i'm worrying is about the unlimited data plan if i buy from Apple.com??

The reason im buying from apple.com is that i will be getting 5% off through discover credit card!.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@solaris72 wrote:

I have family plan and i have 2 iphones (boht eligible) and i'm the primary and i upgraded my iphone to iphone5 on the first day itself and received my phone through att.com.

Now im planning to upgrade my 2nd iphone and i would like to upgrade through Apple?   My question is will it reset my contract and my unlimited data plan?   The only thing i'm worrying is about the unlimited data plan if i buy from Apple.com??

The reason im buying from apple.com is that i will be getting 5% off through discover credit card!.

it will reset the contract on the second line that you upgrade - each line on a family pla is unique and have their own upgrade dates and contract end dates. The only thing they share are the minutes.

I would verify the 5% discount, it may not apply to this type of transaction

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

@solaris72 wrote:
Thanks. My current Iphone5 is having unlimited plan. The other3GS phone which I'm going to upgrade through is having 2G data plan. Wondering upgrading the 3gs phone will affect my unlimited data plan? Yes i agree the contract will be renewed.

No, upgrading the 3GS will not affect the unlimited data plan you have on another line.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

11 years ago

@solaris72 wrote:

When I got my iPhone 5 through ATT, they were able to keep my unlimited data plan without any problems!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks. My current Iphone5 is having unlimited plan. The other3GS phone which I'm going to upgrade through is having 2G data plan. Wondering upgrading the 3gs phone will affect my unlimited data plan? Yes i agree the contract will be renewed.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

11 years ago

@youngjm wrote:

@solaris72 wrote:

When I got my iPhone 5 through ATT, they were able to keep my unlimited data plan without any problems!

Meant to say from Apple not ATT!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.