For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
matth943's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, September 14th, 2018 3:16 AM

BOGO offers and new line

Hey All,

Has anyone tried getting a bogo offer with a new line and then transferring the number to a different device? I spoke with an ATT rep at the store, he said he’s heard of odd ideas for these offers, but hadn’t heard of anything like this.

I have the unlimited plus multi line plan with 2 phones, a tablet, and a WiFi hotspot.

My intention is to open a new line for the bogo, then transfer that number to either the tablet or hotspot line, use the new bogo phone with my old phone numbers, and cancelling one of those old numbers. Obviously I want to retain my phone numbers, but I don’t care about the tablet or hotpot line.

Basically:

Phone A - IPhone 6+

Phone B - IPhone 6 

Tablet C - IPad 

Hotspot D - Nighthawk

Open Phone line E w/ new number and get bogo iPhones.

Transfer phone E number to tablet/hotspot - C/D

use the phone with A and B

Cancel line C.

My end line up would look something like

Phone A - IPhone 8

Phone B - IPhone 8

Tablet E - iPad (with new phone number)

Hotspot D - Nighthawk

It’s my understanding that as long as the phone number stays active, the next payments can be made accordingly.

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Nope, won’t work. To get the BOGO credits, the Next plan for the free phone must be on the new line and that line must be a phone line. You wont be able to move that line/number to either the tablet or hotspot. Now, you can use the free phone on any line you want but the Next plan must be on the added line and that line has to be a phone line.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.