For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
c313's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, May 28th, 2013 1:19 AM

Allowed to Change a Phone I own while on a Contract?

Hello

Okay so I went with my mom and we each got a phone, with Internet plan and what not. Specifically I got this http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/htc/first-black.html?WT.srch=1&wtPaidSearchTerm=PLA#fbid=yhMuCaMaxBL

Good phone, my first Smartphone and I do like it.

However I know there are better out there, and if I some how end up getting one I do like more, before my 2 Year Contract is up.. Am I allowed to switch over that phones information with the new one? or am i stuck with that phone for the full 2 years?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@c313 wrote:

Hello

Okay so I went with my mom and we each got a phone, with Internet plan and what not. Specifically I got this http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/htc/first-black.html?WT.srch=1&wtPaidSearchTerm=PLA#fbid=yhMuCaMaxBL

However I know there are better out there, and if I some how end up getting one I do like more, before my 2 Year Contract is up.. Am I allowed to switch over that phones information with the new one? or am i stuck with that phone for the full 2 years?

you can switch phones as you like, if you want a subsidized phone through att you need to wait till your upgrade period is at hand or you are eligible for a early upgrade price ( subsidized price + 250.00 penality), so if you wanted to swith to a 16GB Iphone right now it would cost you 649.00 for the device

As Wingrider said, you can switch phones any time. Your 2 year contract requires you maintain service for 2 years, it does not specify which phone you must use.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello c313 welcome to the forums and thanks for your post!  Our wonderful community members have advised you correctly!  If needed, for future reference you can click: check your upgrade options for additional details! ~Delia

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@c313 wrote:

Hello

you can switch phones as you like, if you want a subsidized phone through att you need to wait till your upgrade period is at hand or you are eligible for a early upgrade price ( subsidized price + 250.00 penality), so if you wanted to swith to a 16GB Iphone right now it would cost you 649.00 for the device

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.