Helpful Links

Allowed to Change a Phone I own while on a Contract?

Tutor

Allowed to Change a Phone I own while on a Contract?

Hello

Okay so I went with my mom and we each got a phone, with Internet plan and what not. Specifically I got this http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/htc/first-black.html?WT.srch=1&wtPaidSearchTerm=PLA#fbid=yh...

Good phone, my first Smartphone and I do like it.

However I know there are better out there, and if I some how end up getting one I do like more, before my 2 Year Contract is up.. Am I allowed to switch over that phones information with the new one? or am i stuck with that phone for the full 2 years?

Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: Allowed to Change a Phone I own while on a Contract?

c313 wrote:

Hello

Okay so I went with my mom and we each got a phone, with Internet plan and what not. Specifically I got this http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/htc/first-black.html?WT.srch=1&wtPaidSearchTerm=PLA#fbid=yh...

However I know there are better out there, and if I some how end up getting one I do like more, before my 2 Year Contract is up.. Am I allowed to switch over that phones information with the new one? or am i stuck with that phone for the full 2 years?

you can switch phones as you like, if you want a subsidized phone through att you need to wait till your upgrade period is at hand or you are eligible for a early upgrade price ( subsidized price + 250.00 penality), so if you wanted to swith to a 16GB Iphone right now it would cost you 649.00 for the device

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

wingrider01 wrote:

c313 wrote:

Hello

you can switch phones as you like, if you want a subsidized phone through att you need to wait till your upgrade period is at hand or you are eligible for a early upgrade price ( subsidized price + 250.00 penality), so if you wanted to swith to a 16GB Iphone right now it would cost you 649.00 for the device

As Wingrider said, you can switch phones any time. Your 2 year contract requires you maintain service for 2 years, it does not specify which phone you must use.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Employee

Hello c313 welcome to the forums and thanks for your post!  Our wonderful community members have advised you correctly!  If needed, for future reference you can click: check your upgrade options for additional details! ~Delia

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support