Helpful Links

AT&T iPhone Upgrade Plan

Contributor

AT&T iPhone Upgrade Plan

Hello,

I have FamilyTalk Nation 1100 with Rollover without a contract with AT&T. I have about 6 lines and would like to upgrade one line to an iPhone 4S. To get that upgrade, that line would be subject to a 2-year contract. Would its current plans and services be affected after signing the 2-year contract and would it affect the other lines as well?

Thank you

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7

Re: AT&T iPhone Upgrade Plan

It will not affect your family plan or your other lines. But you will be required to add a data plan, either the 200mb plan for $15 month or 2GB plan for $25. If you think you will use your iPhone for tethering that plan is 4GB for $45.

colorific12345 wrote:

Hello,

I have FamilyTalk Nation 1100 with Rollover without a contract with AT&T. I have about 6 lines and would like to upgrade one line to an iPhone 4S. To get that upgrade, that line would be subject to a 2-year contract. Would its current plans and services be affected after signing the 2-year contract and would it affect the other lines as well?

Thank you

Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Thank you for your swift response,

My next question is since my plan is currently FamilyTalk Nation 1100 with Rollover on one particular line, if I upgrade, I will continue with the services I already have along with an added data plan. Correct?
Message 3 of 7

That is correct! AFAIK it should NOT change anything else. When I upgraded both of my lines to iPhones all I had to do was add the data plans. It did not change anything with my current Family Plan minutes. Oh, you will need a text messaging plan if you don't currently have one. (I already had family unlimited messaging so I didn't have to add that.) And of course the line you are upgrading will now be under a 2 year contract.   Smiley Happy

colorific12345 wrote:
Thank you for your swift response,

My next question is since my plan is currently FamilyTalk Nation 1100 with Rollover on one particular line, if I upgrade, I will continue with the services I already have along with an added data plan. Correct?

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

Thanks a bunch!
Message 5 of 7

You are very welcome!

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Expert

colorific12345 wrote:
Thanks a bunch!

One issue that may raise up - the family plan only allows 5 lines, suspect you have 5 lines on it already and not 6

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/family-cell-phone-plans.jsp

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support