Trade In and Get Rewarded!
colorific12345's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 12:19 AM

AT&T iPhone Upgrade Plan

Hello,

I have FamilyTalk Nation 1100 with Rollover without a contract with AT&T. I have about 6 lines and would like to upgrade one line to an iPhone 4S. To get that upgrade, that line would be subject to a 2-year contract. Would its current plans and services be affected after signing the 2-year contract and would it affect the other lines as well?

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

402 Messages

12 years ago

That is correct! AFAIK it should NOT change anything else. When I upgraded both of my lines to iPhones all I had to do was add the data plans. It did not change anything with my current Family Plan minutes. Oh, you will need a text messaging plan if you don't currently have one. (I already had family unlimited messaging so I didn't have to add that.) And of course the line you are upgrading will now be under a 2 year contract.   Smiley Happy

colorific12345 wrote:
Thank you for your swift response,

My next question is since my plan is currently FamilyTalk Nation 1100 with Rollover on one particular line, if I upgrade, I will continue with the services I already have along with an added data plan. Correct?

Guru

• 

402 Messages

12 years ago

It will not affect your family plan or your other lines. But you will be required to add a data plan, either the 200mb plan for $15 month or 2GB plan for $25. If you think you will use your iPhone for tethering that plan is 4GB for $45.

colorific12345 wrote:

Hello,

I have FamilyTalk Nation 1100 with Rollover without a contract with AT&T. I have about 6 lines and would like to upgrade one line to an iPhone 4S. To get that upgrade, that line would be subject to a 2-year contract. Would its current plans and services be affected after signing the 2-year contract and would it affect the other lines as well?

Thank you

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you for your swift response,

My next question is since my plan is currently FamilyTalk Nation 1100 with Rollover on one particular line, if I upgrade, I will continue with the services I already have along with an added data plan. Correct?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks a bunch!

Guru

• 

402 Messages

12 years ago

You are very welcome!

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@colorific12345 wrote:
Thanks a bunch!

One issue that may raise up - the family plan only allows 5 lines, suspect you have 5 lines on it already and not 6

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/family-cell-phone-plans.jsp

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.