Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Welcome Digital Life customers!

Administrator

Welcome Digital Life customers!

Hello and welcome Digital Life customers!

We're happy to see you on AT&T Community Forums! If you have any questions about your Digital Life product or service, please feel free to post it here using the "Ask a question" button, and our community will be happy to help.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 51
Contributor

Re: Welcome Digital Life customers!

Subject: [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] AKA Mirka

I want to complement Mirka on her top notch customer service.  She answered all my questions and processed my bill in no time at all.  She also generated my return label for the return of an item from digital life that does not work with my current system.  She processed my stuff quicker than doing it myself that is including the short wait time.  Even though this was not a phone call, her wording seems very pleasant.  Way to go Mirka!!!

Message 16 of 51
Tutor

you will not likely get any satisfaction. Greatest bait & switch scam of the century and they have us locked in for 2 years.I think we should take this to BBB[Edited to comply with Guidelines]. The security is of no use, the camera will record only 2 hours, then goes blank, no history. Battery will last only 2 hours, so if you are travelling, no record of movement. They should not be able to get away w/this scam, yet they are still advertising At&T U-verse, when they switched us to Direct on the scam that AT&T did not have a package that was reasonable. I have all this mess pluged into my house using electricity, which is not functional. 

Message 17 of 51
Tutor

It will continue like this. They promise, refer, you never get any relief. As a matter of fact, the sensors don't work. if you are "armed" & walk across floor, they do't blink, the alarm is so small, you can barely hear it in the house, to say the least of warning a passerby. The whole At&T u-verse switch to Digital life is a great scam. [Edited to comply with Guidelines]Never seen so many blinkinglights in my house when I'm trying to decrease power usage. Many interruptions to internet, TV out when it rains, lag time in phone when answer, just a mess. So displeased

Message 18 of 51
Tutor

Good for you, but they coerced me into believing the hopeless secuity system was part of the package after I didn't want it 3 times, they kept saying it comes w/the package Lesson learned don't allow anyone install anything in your house which you don't want.

Message 19 of 51
Tutor

sledgehammer, a similar experience. It's all lies, bate and switch and [Edited to comply with Guidelines]get their junk out of our houses and have our wall repaired by them. The security system is complete useless and the TV, internet & phone not good either.

Message 20 of 51
Tutor

Misery loves company I guess.  I was talked into this system in January.  I had life shield which ahd been bought by AAt with Direct TV.  I love their system.  I had complete control of every sensor.  I could set conviences so delivery people could enter an area nd leave a package with out setting off the alarm. It was perfect.  I was told hey this is better and you will have all the control.  LIE.  You have to call to turn on or off the chime on the doors.  You cant select a door or window to chime.  They all must chime.  iI is ridiculous and makes no sense.

Now the worst part started on week ago.  I noticed the center green light had turned to amber. and was flashing then the box started beeping.  The dog goes ape poop.  I find the silence button.  I figured maybe it was an anomily and gave it 24 hours.  Now this alarm is going off every 15 minutes.  I call ATT and they say its your baby monitor causing an issue.  I do not have a baby monitor.  I have added no new electronics.  I said I do have a nest cam that I have had hooked up since my grand daughter was born in September 15.  It was hooked up when the system was installed and did not cause an issue.  She says thats the cause just un plug it.  The box is still beeping.  I was also concerned that ATT did not discover the issue and notify me that I was offline.  This made me curiuous if the alarm actually would work.  I set it off and nothing happened.  It did not recognize the doors opening with the system armed.

I call the next day and ask for a supervisor.  I explain all that happened to him and asked for a tech to come out because it is not the web cam and the system is not working.  He refused and says just unplug the baby monitor.  I say I do not have one, and I asked him "does it make sense that a baby monitor would stop the system form working?".  He says yes.  I said since I do not have a baby monitor it must be from someone elses.  He says yes.  I said does that make sense to you?  He says yes.  Well I had it because I am paying for something that is not working and probably has never worked.  I unloaded on him with both barrels and he hung up on me.

I called to cancel the service and they finally agreed to send someone out.  The guy that came out did not have the device that checks for interference.  He swapped out the box and I showed him the camera which was unplugged.  As soon as he put the new box in it started beeping.  It was showing doors and windows open that were clearly closed. and yes still beeping.  he said it could be a baby monitor or a smart tv in your neighbors home.  Really?

Now I have to wait for a tech to come out on Monday with a device to check for the interference.  I am positive that its not my house as I have unpluged every electronic device in my home and yes it still beeps.  I have now unplugged the ATT box.  I have no alarm, but the wife and the dog are calm.  I just want this garbage out of my house. I will pay the penalty.  I dont think I should, but I have no confidence in it at all.

If you have not signed up for this, please take warning and do not.  It is a horrible system!

Message 21 of 51
Contributor

I really like my DL system. The camera takes excellent videos, however, my front door camera is positioned too far from the door itself to provide good vision coverage of anyone at the door. And, also at the too far distance, the camera is activated more by my landscaping than it is by anyone arriving at the door.

1. Can I have the front door camera repositioned?

2. Can I add another camera at the back door?

Message 22 of 51
Contributor

I have not received the shipping label as promised twice. I apologize by the lateness in my reply but we have had sickness in the family.
Message 23 of 51
Community Support

Hello @dhurley1951

The information requested above was never received. Please see my private message to you.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 24 of 51
Tutor

About 2-3 months ago I went into a local AT&T store to upgrade my cellphone. While there, I also signed up for Digital Life, as I had been in the market for home security and have multiple accounts with AT&T already. I was told that my final bill would be $45/mo. The AT&T rep even printed out a statement for me in store. Surprisingly, my bill is now $70/mo. I've called the store, sent numerous emails, and called customer service more times than I can count. I'm always told the same thing. That no one can help me. Why should I as a customer have to pay for what a salesperson incorrectly quoted me? I actually like AT&T's services. It's the customer service that has left a horrible impression. Can someone please help or advise? The only reason I even agreed to Digital Life is because of the monthly charge that I was quoted in store, $45. Now, if I try to end my service the company wants to charge me early termination charges. I, the customer, am quite literally paying for the sales rep lack of knowledge about the company's products and services and prices. This is poor business all the way around.
Message 25 of 51
Contributor

Never mind this. It's a wrong post. My bad. Sorry

Tags (2)
Message 26 of 51
Contributor

When I first signed up for your service (October 2015), I was offered a second outdoor camera for somewhere in the neighborhood of $70-$90, which included installation.  We declined at the time, but I have since reconsidered.  When I called I was told it would cost me $317 for the same camera and installation today!!!!!  Why is it that loyal customers get penalized and charged rediculous prices? (I know the mark-up on these cameras).  This is why people switch services so often.  So now I see myself, upon the expiration of my contract, moving to another company where I"M SURE they will provide a second camera for FAR LESS.  AT&T Digital would not even waive the installation fee.  How terribly disappointing.  Insane profits over homeowner security.  Not the "caring" company I thought you were.  Thumbs down...

Message 27 of 51
Contributor

I would like to compliment  Mirka for her help today with a billing issue.  She found my account quickly & explained what had occurred.  She presented a solution & was very efficient.  She is a great example of excellent customer service.  Thank you so much for your help.

Message 28 of 51
Scholar

I just signed up for Digital Life also for 39.99 It was made clear to me what I got. 39.99 is the low end package. The door locks, garage ect is in the 54.99 package... The more you choose the higher the price. Other security companies are the same way... Just wanted to share my thoughts it is easy to misunderstand with three different plans...

Message 29 of 51
Voyager

We recently switched our entire home to ATT, UVerse, Digital Life, Internet.  UVerse worked well until the Digital Life install.  After about two hours, all the TV's went into "Uverse is not available, try again later".  After waiting for 2.5 days a Tech came out and spent 4 1/2 hours swapping out recievers, DVR's and ethernet cables.  after nothing else worked his smartchat helper suggested we unplug the digital life ethernet cable from the modem.   Viola...the tv's came back to life.  However.... the camera only worked for about 30 minutes after the installer left and still doesnt work...(low bandwith).......called digital life and they said to plug the cable back into the modem.   NOPE...not doing that.....now i have to wait until Saturday for a tech to come out and try to get the camera to work without cutting out the tv's.  

Im real close to cancelling everything and going back to what we had before.  digital life and uverse need to be talking to each other.....not saying , well thats a different department.   I'm not real happy with the service so far

Message 30 of 51
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Thanksgifting! We're wrapping up a season of gifting with $10 Fandango Promo Codes towards a movie ticket*!
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support