Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Welcome Digital Life customers!

Administrator

Welcome Digital Life customers!

Hello and welcome Digital Life customers!

We're happy to see you on AT&T Community Forums! If you have any questions about your Digital Life product or service, please feel free to post it here using the "Ask a question" button, and our community will be happy to help.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 51
Scholar

What is your U-verse internet speed? I just had Digital Life installed and everything works like a champ. I am very please with everything.I love it being able to see what door or window is opened. I could be corrected but I've heard you should have at least 24 Mbps for all
this to work together. I have 45 Mbps and like I've said it all works perfectly...
Message 31 of 51
Scholar

What is your U-verse internet speed? I just had Digital Life installed and everything works like a champ. I am very please with everything.I love it being able to see what door or window is opened. I could be corrected but I've heard you should have at least 24 Mbps for all
this to work together. I have 45 Mbps and like I've said it all works perfectly...
Message 32 of 51
Contributor

I switched from my prior security company to Digital Life for the same
reason. Someday Digital Life may lose my business for the same reason. Some
companies are so shortsighted and forget that customers vote by walking
away. Interesting that some companies that I have done business with for
years are the ones that come to me with the same attractive offers that they
use to entice new customers. That is refreshing and no doubt the reason why
companies with customer centered attitudes are my long term choices to stick
with.
Message 33 of 51
Scholar

It's always amazing to me to hear someone unsatisfied with DL or any AT&T service. They have always bent over backwards for me. Not saying you don't have a legitimate grievance just very interesting...
Message 34 of 51
Contributor

Hello, I am a new customer to AT&T security system.  I am just going to be honest, this is the most FRUSTRATING THING I have ever done.  I signed up for a new, wireless, security system approximately two weeks ago.  After the initial installation, the technician left, and I could not get my alarm to activate.  After launching an online chat, and over an hour of the online person trying to help me, they had to schedule another technician to come back out because my NEW keypad was having issues.  They came and got that fixed.  Then I come home last night, barely a week and a half later, to a window censor that is showing to be offline.  Again, I initiate an online chat.  She tells me it is the door in my master bedroom.  I don't have a door in my master bedroom.  So, she has me go through the "popping off the censors" and putting them back on while she checks for the one that is supposedly "offline", none of the bedroom windows are it.  So, we move onto the livingroom and the rest of the house.  Apparently my censors were labeled incorrectly in their system also.  We finally found the one that was not working, so, she had to order me another one to be delivered.  At which point, I will put it on, and ship back the defective one.  So, another two hours of my life wasted last night.  After 19 years with my old land line security system, I never had this problem.  I am BEYOND FRUSTRATED.  If I was capable of having this system cancelled today, without paying an early termination fee, I would most certainly do it.

Kudos to Mandy (Amanda), my online chat technician last night for the job that she did in talking me through everything and keeping me calm.  She was AMAZING, and is the only positive thing that I have to say about AT&T security at this time.

Just sign me "Wish I could turn back time"

Message 35 of 51
Contributor

Same thing here. The sales reps are very deceptive to make a sale.

Message 36 of 51
Teacher

I was convinced by an ATT wireless representative to switch to Digital Life. On paper they had a good package. They installed the system yesterday. Digital Life had a major system interruption today (still ongoing), which disabled all safety features at home including manual alarm set up. I had to wait an hour on-line to get the news. There was no warning from ATT. The representative did not ven know when the issue is going to be resolved. Does your CEO know about this?

You call yourself a security company? This is not just inconvenience. Safety is the issue. ATT Digital signs now advertise to the world - come and get it, this customer has the alarm system off.  Does your CEO know about this?

Now guess what. Direct TV does not work either. (a week after it was installed). A technician is only available a week from now.

ATT is a good wirelsess company but judging from my short experience - lousy in everything else. I am that close to going back to where I came from.   

Message 37 of 51
Scholar

Very interesting. I guess there are three very important things when installing Digital Life. Installer, Installer, and Installer.
I have DL, U-verse, internet (45) mbps, Phone, and Directv which all are working flawlessly and I have discounts and getting a very
Good pricing. I’m not saying you are not having a bad experience with these services, But when they are all working like they are
suppose to you will be very happy like I am. I would suggest a little patience and try getting it corrected and you will be pleased with all the
services as I am. If I start to have a problem that don’t get corrected I’ll be the first to post my displeasure here believe me…
Message 38 of 51
Contributor

I ordered Digital Life a week ago.  Decided to cancel.  Went into AT&T store where I purchased DL.  Told to call 611.  The end result was wrong number to assist me, transferred to 3 different numbers, finally reached DL and was on hold for 20 minutes.  During conversation to cancel, rep kept pressuring me.  Apparently she did not under the word "cancellation".  A simple delete button on your website to cancel the service prior to it being installed would make sense, but no, AT&T wants to get you so frustrated and spend 1 hr to cancel when my time is just as much valued.  I have been a customer since 1991 and just upgraded phones and now thinking of calling Sprint as I do not appreciate the hassle to cancel a product.  This is not the way to treat customers.  Simple "delete" button on your website to cancel orders that have not been installed with suffice.  Still waiting to get the cancellation email sent to my business address - havent received it because apparently they don't give you the number over the phone (another issue). Why can't I get a cancellation number over the phone?  A loyal customer is definitely thinking of switching as a result of this run around.

Message 39 of 51
Scholar

I have some friends that have Sprint. All I can say is good luck I think you will regret it…
Message 40 of 51
Tutor

So you can do absolutely nothing about it.  Worst company ever

Message 41 of 51
Tutor

They won't let you cancel.  It's ridiculous.  I have no working equipment, no alarm, and I'm paying a fortune

Message 42 of 51
Teacher

Any word on when Push Notifications will be fixed? Doesn't work.....

Message 43 of 51
Contributor

I am a VERY, VERY happy Digital Life customer who will be moving from Delaware to The Villages in the near future.  I have just found out that Digital Life is NOT available at The Villages.  I am so very dissapointed.  I love this product and depend on it so much.  PLEASE, please, please make Digital Life available in The Villages as soon as it is humanly and technilogically possible.  I am not sure what I will do without it.  PLEASE!!!  

And while you are at it, making Uverse and internet available at The Villages would be nice too.  I do have an alternative to these but there is no other security instrument I like anywhere near as well as Digital Life.

PLEASE!!

Message 44 of 51
Highlighted
Tutor

att  le about any think the olny what take you $ for will bad sev

Message 45 of 51
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Thanksgifting! Get a PopSocket stocking stuffer on us* - Learn How
Additional Assistance Needed?