Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Welcome Digital Life customers!

Administrator

Welcome Digital Life customers!

Hello and welcome Digital Life customers!

We're happy to see you on AT&T Community Forums! If you have any questions about your Digital Life product or service, please feel free to post it here using the "Ask a question" button, and our community will be happy to help.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 51
Administrator
Solution
Accepted by topic author Administrator
Accepted by davidbk
‎04-27-2016 1:59 PM

Re: Welcome Digital Life customers!

To get started with the Forums, click on Explore and select Community Tour.

Please check out the links below for more information:

AT&T – Digital Life FAQ
AT&T Community Forum Guidelines
Learn about ACEs
Forum How-To

If you have any questions about the Forums or need additional help, feel free to contact our Digital Life team @ATTDigitalLifeCS.

Thank you!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 51
Contributor

My name is Leza , I just wanted to acknowledge to of the representatives that were very helpful to me, it was an late and long evening for me and I was concerned about my camera in my garage, I called the first time and the man on the phone, who was in Texas, was not helpful, nor patient with me, so I hung up with him and called again.

This time a very nice, friendly, patient, understanding, and kind, representative named "Gloria", I call her Ms. Gloria, who was so helpful, she guided me through the process of checking my equiipment, when I got iratated because I did not think that anyone understood me, she was '''Great", she listened, did not get inpatient with me, she kindly, checked on the information, then helped me get through the process, I was so happy and thankful to Ms. Gloria, that I had to let her Supervisor know that Ms. Gloria did an excellent job. 

At that point Ms. Gloria transferred me over to Ms. Connie, whe was so kind, Caring, and really very nice to talk with, she also was wonderful, and did an excellent job, of listening to me even though I am sure that she had other things to do, she kindly listen to me praise Ms. Gloria, so I want to say a Big Thank you to Ms. Gloria and Ms. Connie for caring about their customers, no matter what time of the day the customer might call.

Leza Turner

Message 3 of 51
Contributor

Digital Life is doing the same as AT&T; bait and switch.  They send out bundle fliers at one rate then after you sign up, the rate doubles or tripples and when you call to get the issue straightend out, you better have a whole afternoon/evening to deal with the issues and then, there is no guarantee, as a matter of fact, you can be guaranteed that the issue will not be resolved to you satifaction--the rate you were quoted.  The representative handing my issues, denied the flier had the information that was right before me.  Needless to say, I am now, after over a month, trying to get some satisfaction.

Message 4 of 51
Community Support

Hello @loreef

We are listening and want to help you! I am sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced. We appreciate you trusting us to help keep your home secure. Our Customer Support Leadership would like to look into this matter. Please share a little more information by clicking here to send Digital Life a private message. In your message please include:

• Your name
  • Account number
  • Address
  • Contact number
  • Details concerning your issue
Message 5 of 51
Contributor

Buyers beware, their sales associates will completly lie to you and tell you everything you want to hear just to get the installer out to your house.  Then try to hit you with all kinds of hidden additional fees.  My bill was going to be 4x what the sales person told me.  I refused their install service and sent them packing.

I don't do business with liars.

Message 6 of 51
Contributor

I signed up for Digital Life to take a chance on a new provider to my area and I am also an ATT cell and Direct TV customer, but unfortunately was grossly mislead. I Was told by the DL service phone rep when I signed up that the package I was getting for 39.99 which included the garage door opener with the security service. I was told it was required to get the garage door opener to get this monthly rate and free install.  Now I see my monthly billing is 39.99 plus a garage door opening monitoring fee. This was NEVER mentioned to me when I signed up for service. I should not have to pay this extra fee that I was never told about or had explained to me. I called DL and they said "sorry you were mislead but here is nothing we can do about the extra charges". Unacceptable. 

Message 7 of 51
Community Support

Hello @adica1

I apologize for the incorrect information you were given. The additional fee you are referring to is an add on package to control your garage door remotely. The $39.99 monthly fee would not include this ability.

Message 8 of 51
Contributor

I would like to complement John (Jh187n) for his patience and time that he spent on the phone with my husband and I this evening 5/27/16

When I called Digital Life this evening about the red light on the battery, I had no idea that we needed to review the entire process on our APP. John patiently walked us through the process without a sigh, or a change of his pleasant tone and understanding.

We were both very pleased with such an outstanding example of customer service and hope that John will be the Professional Customer Representative who will be at the other end of the line, if we need to call Digital Life.

Message 9 of 51
Contributor

I was happy with Vivant but my local AT&T store talked me in to switching based on 2 things, first, it would be bundled so I only had one bill, and 2nd, they would comp the remaing 3 months I was under contract with Vivant. SURPRISE...neither of those things were true.  I made 4 phone calls to them to try and turn the service back on since they suspended my acct for non payment 2 months before I was supposed to start getting billed.  first two calls I had to hang up after being on hold 20 minutes. 3rd call, I spent 30 minutes on hold after pressing 2 for billing questions, once someone answered i was told to hang up, call back, and press 5 for "retention".  my phone call to retention was a nightmare, 30 minutes of hold music, then Patrice came on, talked less than 5 minutes put me on hold again until phone was picked up by Jonathan in billing.He was nice enough and actually transferred me so I didnt have to call back to retention.  Next up was Primrose who was also very nice but said they could not honor the deal the sales and service ppl made.  I chose to stay for convenience of not having to have Vivant come back out, but needless to say I would not recommend this service to anyone.  Oh, that last phone call...2 hours and 11 minutes.  FML.

Message 10 of 51
Contributor

Holiday weekend and my security system is failing.   Having to wait at home while things are updating or leave home without an alarm.   Plans are falling through as the clock ticks by.   What is a minor to a company like AT&T just trashed our plans.   Not happy about this at all.   Was a happy client up until this point.   ADT or Protect America never did this. just a cirle spinning around saying preparing support content.....

Message 11 of 51
Highlighted
Contributor

Circle of Frustration (originally a 4 ltr word that rhymes with well)!  We had our system installed on May 2.  The installer said that the garage controller would not work with our opener.  He did install a sensor on the door from the laundry room to the garage (this will be important later in this story.)  He said that I would have to send the equipment related to the garage door opener back to the company.  The next day (he didn't complete until late in the evening because one of the items failed to work) I called Customer Service Agent (I gag at the hypocrisy of using customer service) to find out how I return the garage conrol unit.  The agent said that a return label should have been included in the box.  I went to the box and could not find a lable.  I informed the agent and she said not to worry because I owned the controller and no need to return.  I forgot about it and placed the item in a safe corner of my garage.  .... time passes ....  My bill arrived.  I have an extra charge for garage door controller option.  (At this point, I should mention that this extra charge was never mentioned.  I thought that I received this with the selected package.)  I call billing.  The person was helpful and said that he had to call his technical department.  I was placed on hold.  The billing person returns.  Our tech department says that you have the garage door sensor.  I said that I was holding the controller in my hand.  The billing person put me on hold.  He returns.  Your systme shows that you have a sensor.  I asked if I could speak to the technical person.  Billing put us on a three way conference call.  The technical rep got on the line and said the system showed that the garage was on-line.  I said that was the sensor but I was to have a controlller installed.  The technician said the sensor comes with the garage door controller and is part of the option.  I said but the controller doesn't work as it is not compatible with the opener.  They continued to repeat that it was part of the package.  I said then come and remove the sensor and I will hand you the controller.  At that point, my wife said that she wanted the sensor and give her the phone (good idea at this point as nothing intelligable was coming out of my mouth).  She was able to get billing to understand at which point he gave us a lower rate and all we had to do was send back the controller.  She told him that we didn't have a label to send it back.  BOOM!  He is gone and we get kicked to another agent.  This agent tells my wife that she cannot give us that rate but must go back to the original rate.  Fatigued my wife says "Fine but I need a label to send the controller back."  The woman says that she will send us a label.  I a now approaching 2 weeks since she told me this.  I still have the same rates.  I still have the controller.  I just got off of a chat where the agent told me that he was going to send me a label.  I feel that I am in a circle. I really wanted that garage door controller but I am now to tired to even worry with it.  By the way, I have AT&T UVerse Internet, Direct TV, and a Wireless family plan.  I was told that with all of them combined that I woudl receive a better rate.  Also, I was told that I would get a break in homeowners.  I did, I got a dollar per month!  I have been a wireless customer for 20 years and can't believe that I get treated like this!  Luckily, my security system works great but I can't close the garage door from my phone as promised.

Message 12 of 51
Community Support

Hello @SledgeHammer

Unfortunately, at this time Digital Life cannot be combined with any other service. In relation to what you were promised at the store, you would have to go back to the store to get what was promised. This would have been a store offer that no other ATT group (billing, retention, etc.) would have knowledge of and would not be able to honor.

Message 13 of 51
Community Support

Hello @dhurley1951

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you experienced. Reading through your post there appeared to be confusion between the sensor that was put on your door from the garage leading to your house (contact sensor) and a separate sensor that is put on garage doors (tilt sensor) to determine if the door is open or closed. I'm not sure what the sensor on the door is labeled/named but if it is named "Garage Door" this could have added to the confusion. Definitely not an excuse, just an observation that they should have picked up on.

Unfortunately, at this time Digital Life service cannot be combined with any of your other services. Also, the garage door controller is not compatible with all make/model garage door openers.

Have you received the shipping label to return the garage door controller? If not, please share a little more information by clicking here to send Digital Life a private message. In your message please include:

• Your name
  • Account number
  • Address
  • Contact number
Message 14 of 51
Contributor

So, I have had the digital life system for a month now.  Previously, I was on my first week and was not completely satisfied with the product.  I called AT&T and told them I think it was best for them to get there product out of my home.  This was thru a chat session, the agent then called me with I guess his supervisor and spoke with me for about 20 minutes on what they could do for me( this was me saying NO, that I did not want their service at least 5 times).  I then finally said, ok I'll give you guys a shot (sucker).  Well 2 days went by, arrived home from work and my back door sensor did not chirp, alarm, nothing.  What happened was that the sensors attached to each other.  This was my 8th day in with the service, so I just got on the phone the next day and called to tell them to remove the service.  They then got me talking with 3 different sales associates, they told me they would come by 2 weeks from the day I called to repair and also give me a garage door opener.  The only thing is that 2 weeks, I would be with a faulty system (in which the front door had the same issue as well) and I would be out of my grace period.  Well, I told them I would still give them a chance, AT&T has been a very good company for me, having Uverse Cell service and now Home security with them.  I just went to the store and bought super glue and reattached the sensors myself.  AT&T should be top of the line, I shouldn't have to re do work that was supposed to be done by a certified technician, even if its something simple as putting a sensor back on with glue.  Just like you guys want me to pay you guys on time every month for a security system, you should have your product working with absolute no faults.  Well luckily a week went buy and I was able to reschedule for Friday between 1-4.  Well I assumed they were busy because i was on hold for a while with AT&T support for a while because it was already 5pm.  7pm came( entire day wasted).  I then got online and spoke with a rep.  They gave me a number to call dispatch, I told them right away that they said they were closed.  The guy then said oh my bad, they closed early today.  But to call back in 30 minutes, and someone would answer.  Well no one answered....  I then called first thing Saturday morning, the number he gave me said I was not authorized to call.  I then again got on the phone with support, they promised me they would be at my home Saturday between 1-4.  Got called by a rep at 1230 stating they needed to reschedule.  Frustrated, I told the rep that no one never came by yesterday for my scheduled appointment.  She then told me she would call me right back, which she called me 5 minutes later and said they had a tech on their way.  Tech shows up at 4pm, I show him where I put the glue, but wanted it screwed like ADT had it.  He said he could put a screw in it, but it may damage the sensor.  I told him, the glue I bought was good enough if he was just going to re glue the sensor.  He then installed the garage door opener.  Then guess what?? THE GARAGE DOOR OPENER DID NOT WORK! Well, it worked one time for the tech, then did not work again.  This was yesterday.  Today I am on chat with AT&T, and now I have to wait til the 13th for them to waste again more time that I have wasted with AT&T.

Message 15 of 51
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support