Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Transferring digital life service to a new home

Highlighted
Contributor

Transferring digital life service to a new home

Do I have to repurchase all of my cameras and doorlocks when I move. I already have to pay $550 and get into a new contract. Why am I needing to repurchase 2 doorlocks, 2 cameras, and a garage door sensor?

Message 1 of 8
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTDigitalLifeCS
‎07-12-2018 6:10 AM

Re: Transferring digital life service to a new home

@Ds6336  Hello. The $550 is for the Smart Security & Automation package. Regarding the devices you mentioned, the package includes 1 Outdoor Camera, 1 Door lock and 1 Garage door controller which you will receive at your new home. Any additional cameras, door locks or garage door controllers will need to be purchased, or you can bring those devices to your new home and we will install those during your installation. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you !

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

How exactly do I uninstall the cameras then?

Message 3 of 8
Community Support

@Ds6336   For an internal camera, you just unplug it and bring with you. For external cameras, you can unplug or cut the wires off the back of them (depending on the access to them you have)... and then bring the cameras with you. The technician will have additional power supplies and cables.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8
Contributor

I was advised two years ago when I installed the package that if I move to a new home or address, the service will be transferred without paying for new equipment at the the new address or any additional fee.  Your answer suggests that we must pay again for the package.  

Message 5 of 8
Community Support

@meimei   Hello. There are some different options available...If you would please click on my user name and then click "Send PM" to send me a private message with your name, address, account number, and phone number , I will be able to review some options with you. Thank you

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

I am dealing with the same problem.  They now want $349  after 30

calls still can't get a US operator!!!!

Magnets fall off and you guys send me tape instead of a new sensor!! Service really is lousy

Message 7 of 8
Community Support

@Fairies4ever   Hello. There are some different options available...If you would please click on my user name and then click "Send PM" to send me a private message with your name, address, account number, and phone number , I will be able to review some options with you. Thank you

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Thanksgifting! Unwrap a $5 Starbucks® Card* Learn How
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support