Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

Terminating AT&T Digital Life - what is sent back or returned?

Highlighted

Terminating AT&T Digital Life - what is sent back or returned?

I'll be terminating Digital Life once my contract is up in July.

What is sent back to AT&T, if anything?

Message 1 of 6
Guru

Re: Terminating AT&T Digital Life - what is sent back or returned?

I am not aware of any equipment you must return. It has all been purchased by you at installation and over the contract term. 

Message 2 of 6
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by mandjgraham
‎06-08-2017 5:02 AM

The equipment belongs to you and does not need to be returned.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6

Thank you. 

Message 4 of 6
Teacher

Will you please share you experience?  I am considering AT&T Digital Life, however I have found nothing but bad reviews online over the past few days.  The biggest complaints appear to be centered around the mobile app.

Message 5 of 6

My experiences started off poorly and have only been fair at best as I near contract end.

I signed up for AT&T Digital Life as I was preparing to move to a new home.  The equipment was shipped to my old address, which was fine since we were not moving for a few weeks.  I stored the equipment until we moved into the new home.

Upon installation, some of the equipment was missing from the order.  That technician was able to correct that with items from his truck.  Installation was fine, but the technician failed to correct the "installation" address to my new address and from there on, it was nearly a year long battle to have it corrected in AT&T's systems.  Every time I called, I would have to give them my old address to "verify" the account.  I complained that in the event of an emergency, Fire/Police would go to the old address.  As I noted, it was a year long process, but eventually was corrected.

I discovered a few months after install, that I was still missing an item (camera) that I should have had in my package.  It took several calls, but they did come back out to install it at no charge.

The web site and app are poor at best.  When they work, they are ok.  However, trying to watch video from a camera can be extremely frustrating.  I also have a Nest camera, yet I have no problems watching that video via the nest app and web site.

On the plus side, I was able to purchase extra window contacts, smoke alarms and sirens off of eBay to add to my system.  

In general I like AT&T, but Digital Life is not a good product.  They have not kept up with the rest of the industry.  I wouldn't recommend them.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support