Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Pre-Existing Digital Life Equipment - RIP IT OUT AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Contributor

Pre-Existing Digital Life Equipment - RIP IT OUT AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

So, we purchased a home with a Complete Digital Life Package. The seller had it installed not too long ago (Less Than A Year). The Seller and I have tried and tried to transfer the service to no avail. They said, "He cancelled the service" and we had to "reactivate the service" to transfer it. We tried that. Even with a transfer, we were told we would have to pay the "one time transfer fee" which was equal to their new service costs. So, what they do is, they charge you the same price for a new service, EVEN THOUGH, we already have all new equipment. This is a total scam. He could have had installed on a Monday, then, on Tuesday, sold the house, AND, Transferred the account. So the equipment could be 1 day old, AND, we (the new homeowner) would have to purchase a whole new system under the guise of a "one time fee" which is 100% equal to the cost of a new system, i.e., the exact same equipment installed. Stay away from this. I read tons of review about the lack of service, the equipment pitfalls and bad service, and costs. I do plan on taking this up with our local state government (Ohio) and the Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act. I will use all avenues, i.e, Facebook, Instagram, BBB, and other consumer watch dog agencies about this. I have never seen anything like this in my entire life. What's hilarious is I've already decided at this point to go a different direction but if I can keep just 1 single person/couple from buying this service and equipment, it will be worth the time to do so. My lord. We wanted to just avoid having to rip everything out and re-install a whole new system, and, we followed their instructions to a tee! Absolutely ridiculous. Terrible company, terrible service, terrible company Period. End Of Story. DO NOT BUY, DO NOT SUBSCRIBE, STAY AWAY. If you have any doubts at all, leave me an email address and I will share with you even more detail.

Message 1 of 11
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTDigitalLifeCS
‎11-27-2018 5:58 AM

Re: Pre-Existing Digital Life Equipment - RIP IT OUT AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

@CBUSMPII  Hello. My apologies that you are frustrated and that you were told a piece of incorrect information. The only transfer of accounts that we do is between family members. We do not transfer accounts between previous and new homeowners so it always requires a new account which does have fees associated to it because we do have to swap out some of the equipment and have a technician on site to check all the previous equipment, install new equipment and get the system up and running. If you would like to discuss which fees would be applicable for you, please click on my user name and then click "Send PM" to send me a message with your name, address, and best contact info. Upon my reviewing of the equipment at the home , I can let you know what the cost would be to activate service. If not, i do wish you a happy holiday and my apologies once again.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 11
Contributor

I will PM you, I'm not accepting this as a "solution" as of yet.
Message 3 of 11
Contributor

I have a similar issue and want to get started.

Message 4 of 11
Community Support

@Jskinner37 Good Morning. If you could private message me your address, name and a call back number, I can help you and let you know the cost to get the system activated in your name.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 11
Contributor

I am trying to do the same thing with a new house purchase. The previous home owners left all the equipment and I am trying to get the system setup but cannot seem to get anyone on the phone to get this completed.

Message 6 of 11
Community Support

@kc3hope  Hello.  If you could private message me your address, name and a call back number, I can help you and let you know the cost to get the system activated in your name. Just click on my user name and then click "Send PM". Thank you

Message 7 of 11
Contributor

I was told AT&T was no longer in the security business.
Message 8 of 11
Community Support

@Jskinner37  Hello. My apologies that you received inaccurate information. We are here.

Message 9 of 11
Contributor

I had the exact same issue. Purchased a home with the DL System installed, tied to motion detector, window and door sensors and smoke alarms. I wanted to activate the system as I am currently an AT&T U-Verse Customer. I was told the equipment is useless to me (by the AT&T Customer Service Rep.) She said it is unique to the previous owner and that If I wanted to have the DL System I would have to purchase new equipment, even though the equipment they would install would be exactly what in already installed in my new home. THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM! I also understand that AT&T will likely be selling off the DL  At the end of 2019 (Likely to be acquired by ADT). Following their purchase of Time Warner, they are trying to accumulate cash reserves and selling DL is one way of doing that. 

Message 10 of 11
Community Support

@smkelly22   Hello. My apologies that you were told misinformation on several things. If you would like, please click on my user name and then click "Send PM" to send me a private message with your name, address and best phone number. I can then review the options for you that are available if you would like me to. Thank you

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support