Explore & discover

Helpful Links

NO SHOW for SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT

Tutor

NO SHOW for SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT

I have been an AT&T customer for as long as I can remember and I have never been so disappointed in the service that I received (or didn't receive) for my Digital Life Installation.  I was scheduled for my installation on Jan. 25th to show up between 8-12.  I rec'd a phone call around 10:30 saying that the tech was running a little behind, but he would be coming. . . so I extended my vacation day from 1/2 a day to a whole day.  I started calling customer service at 1:00, called again around 2:30 again at 3:30 and each time was told that someone would be at my house to install my security system. . . .Finally at 5, I called for the final time and was conferenced in with the dispatcher and was told at that time there had been a scheduling issue. . .REALLY???? I wasted an entire day of vacation for nothing, needed to be at work due to this is a very busy time of year for me because I work in finance, and sat waiting ALL DAY LONG!!!  The local AT&T gave me credit for the installation (which was very kind of them), but I am still not satisfied!!! I make more in a day than what I was credited on my account and I think more should be done!  Once the appointment was rescheduled, and someone did actually show up . . . the tech that installed our door lock, did not have it working properly before he left because he said he was not responsible for adjusting the face plate and told my husband that he would have to get that working properly and he hit the road.  I have to say I have never ever complained about anyone or anything like this, but burning the day of vacation upset me so bad that I thought someone needed to know. . . How will I know that this will get to someone within AT&T that actually cares about what has happened?  Please respond to me if you in fact read this post. . .Laurie

Message 1 of 28
Contributor

Re: NO SHOW for SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT

I have had the same issues in the past but I u derstand that things happen. Now I called on April 14th about getting the security system and they said the next available date was the first week of May. Ok that's fine, then yesterday they called ten minutes to 8am to tell me of something happened and it's been canceled. I called back to reschedule and there nothing until June 12th? Thats 2 months from the time I called! In my first month living in my new house I've had five different people from security companies come to my door wanting my service and because of good word-of-mouth I want to go with AT&T and now this is what I'm getting! What if my house gets broken into or something happens to my daughter when she's here alone in the mean time are they going to be able to do anything about that? No I don't think so. And when I told the nice lady that I'll probably just have to go with someone else she didn't make any attempt to keep my business.
Message 16 of 28
Contributor

I was told by AT&T that a technician was coming out last week and he did not show up. I called back and received profuse apologies, and the appointment was rescheduled, but again a no show.  I do legal work and went to a lot of trouble to reschedule to be at my one hundred year old mother's home for the 10 hours between 8:00 a.m. and 12 noon both days; and I travelled 4 hours each time to be there. I also lost a great deal of money in work hours. Because of the technician not showing up the first time, I called before the technician was to arrive the second time around 10:00 a.m. and was assured the technician was on the way. Again the technician did not show. I called around 1Smiley SurprisedOp.m. and was told the customer service representative did not know what had happened and was profusely apologetic,and told me she would certainly check it out and get back with me in no more than 30 minutes. By 3:00 p.m. no one had called, and I called back, and was told I would be called back in 30 minutes. Because of my previous experience, I stated I preferred to wait and was hung up on. My mother remains without telephone sevice and her security system is not working without the landline. Does anyone know how to get AT&T to honor their word? This is a very dangerous situation for my mother.

Message 17 of 28
Highlighted
Community Support

@hfcola  Hello. My apologies that you have had  these issues. From reading your post it looks like the issue is with the landline service? You posted this in the Digital Life Forum so I am just ensuring that I understand which product this is regarding. Would you let me know the product and if you would then please click on my user name and then click "Send PM" to send me a message with your name , address, contact info and account number,  I can reach out to the correct group and have someone contact you from there to resolve this. Thank you

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 28
Contributor

We had a business landline inside wiring job to get completed and  scheduled date of 1/8/2018 from 12pm to 4pm, During that window we called AT&T at 2pm to see why no one was there yet and we stayed on multiple phone calls between 2pm to 4:45pm wasting 2hours and 45 minutes on phone calls and they still didn't show.  They kept telling us they would have dispatch contact the technician to see where he was at and they would give him our number to have him call us.  None of this happened and we ended up with no call back and no show on the appointment.  This is for our business lines in San Jose, CA.  AT&T should be held liable for paying for our lost time when they do not show up.  Who is in charge of enforcing they are penalized for not meeting the scheduled appointment time??

Message 19 of 28
Community Support

@morphme728  Hello. You posted this in the AT&T Digital Life Forum. Unfortunately, I do not have the knowledge to be able to assist you with this. Have you tried posting this in the phone  forum?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 20 of 28

I had almost the exact same issue this weekend. Then when I tried to Chat the following day all they did was re-schedule my appointment, to a day I couldn't make and it apparently erased all my chat/call history from the previously missed appointment. I would like the ATT service, but if I can't be compensated for my time I'm going elsewhere. This is no way to treat a customer, especially one who has had some kind of ATT service for over 20 years.

Message 21 of 28
Community Support

@seanfool82   Hello. Is this regarding an AT&T Digital Life appointment? The original poster was referencing landline so I just want to make sure. If it is regarding Digital Life, would youplease click on my user name and then click "Send PM" to send me a message with your name, address, contact info and account number, so that I can have this looked into. Thank you

Message 22 of 28
Contributor

I did not schedule any appointments in over 2 years.I don't know what this is about.

Rozanne Kassian
Message 23 of 28

This was for U-Verse internet. I didn't really pay attention to the thread's topic. However the lack of customer service is still applicable
Message 24 of 28
Community Support

@seanfool82  Agreed. However, I cannot move your post over to that forum. They should really know so that they can make contact with you and get this resolved. I highly suggest posting in the Uverse forum so that this can get resolved for you.

Message 25 of 28
Contributor

Got Stood up by ATT today....wrecked the weekend 

Message 26 of 28
Contributor

Got Stood up by ATT installation tech

Message 27 of 28
Contributor

Waited 1/2 the day today for ATT to install U verse, no one showed up!  When I called to see how late they would be they said the appointment got canceled.  So, I asked by Who?  And why wasn’t I advised of the cancellation?  The Lady who spoke broken English just kept pausing and saying the same thing to all my questions...”it was canceled”.  Att may think that’s also customer service but  what it  really shows is a consistent pattern of screwing people around.  This is the last straw, this time “I will” be the one who cancels....the internet and wireless phone service...good riddance!  Play someone else for a fool

Message 28 of 28
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support