Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Inherited System, No Service

Tutor

Inherited System, No Service

I bought a property and it came with DigitalLife. Without subscribing to the monitoring service, can I continue to use the system for local alarms?

It hasn't been armed, what if I arm it and accidentally triggered the system? How will I know or set the PIN to disarm it? Or does the PIN for disarming and exit delay only come into the picture when you have the service? 

I called AT&T but couldn't get a clear answer so I am hoping the community can help

Message 1 of 28
Teacher

Re: Inherited System, No Service

Yes

Message 16 of 28
Contributor

the cameras and any of the automation components require an active account to be used.  Without an account, the whole system is junk.

Message 17 of 28
Contributor

Hey there, you can factory reset the cameras and connect them to your existing WiFi. All you need to do is remove the back panel of the camera and get a paperclip to hit the reset button. Hold it for like 10 sec or so. On the back panel, you should see a pin code.... Write that down.

Go to where the camera is plugged into the wall and hit the WPS button. Then, on your router, you can either use WPS or use the pin key to pair it. Once it registers, go into your router to find the IP address of the camera and type that into your browser. The login is administrator, there is no PW. And now you have access to your camera.

Message 18 of 28
Contributor

Hello, thanks for the information but how would we go about viewing the camera footage?

Message 19 of 28
Contributor

So, you can do a couple of different things, insert a memory card into the camera (if there's a slot for one) and then access it via the GUI. Or, what I've done, is installed a program called Motion Eyes on a raspberry pi that lets me access the recorded video. There are multiple different kinds of software to choose from, just depends on what you want.

Message 20 of 28
Contributor

Hi all. In the same situation just bought a home with existing ATT DLC100 system trying to figure out what I can use with out having to subscribe. I will try some of the suggestion discussed here and report back. 

Not sure what features the previous owner had installed. All I see is camera, and alarm.

Message 21 of 28
Teacher

Can’t reuse the system. It’s junk. It’s not compatible with any other system on the market.
Message 22 of 28
Contributor

I contacted ATT DL yesterday and basically was told that the system left behind by previous owner is not transferable and I can not reconnect with a new account. I would have to purchase the entire system all over again.  Seems like a scam to me. ATT installed the original functioning system so they should be able to reactive it to a new account or customer who moves I to the home. It's my understanding ATT outsources the installation to a company called MASTEC as well. 

Back to square one. Will try to at least salvage the camera at this point.  Let's see how that goes.

Message 23 of 28
Community Support

@doimec   Hello. If you would click on my user name and then click "Send PM" to send me a private message with your name and address, I can take a look at the previous account and see what options I have for you that are not as cost prohibitive as you were told on the phone. Thank you

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 24 of 28
Teacher

Don’t believe anything tech support tells you, you can’t reuse any of the system. Once it’s disconnected it can’t be reactivated. 

Message 25 of 28
Community Support

@kgbcmb  Hello. Actually it can be reactivated, it just requires  a new Digital Life controller.  It is just not compatible with another alarm system on the market.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 26 of 28
Teacher

That’s false. If that were true why would you need a new controller. If you discontinue monthly service the system is deactivated 

Message 27 of 28
Community Support

@kgbcmb  Hello. You are correct, if you discontinue service the system is deactivated. However, if someone wants to activate the service in the home,  we can do that and we do swap out the main controller in order to do so.

Message 28 of 28
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support