Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Inherited System, No Service

Tutor

Inherited System, No Service

I bought a property and it came with DigitalLife. Without subscribing to the monitoring service, can I continue to use the system for local alarms?

It hasn't been armed, what if I arm it and accidentally triggered the system? How will I know or set the PIN to disarm it? Or does the PIN for disarming and exit delay only come into the picture when you have the service? 

I called AT&T but couldn't get a clear answer so I am hoping the community can help

Message 1 of 18
Teacher

Re: Inherited System, No Service

Yes

Message 16 of 18
Contributor

the cameras and any of the automation components require an active account to be used.  Without an account, the whole system is junk.

Message 17 of 18
Contributor

Hey there, you can factory reset the cameras and connect them to your existing WiFi. All you need to do is remove the back panel of the camera and get a paperclip to hit the reset button. Hold it for like 10 sec or so. On the back panel, you should see a pin code.... Write that down.

Go to where the camera is plugged into the wall and hit the WPS button. Then, on your router, you can either use WPS or use the pin key to pair it. Once it registers, go into your router to find the IP address of the camera and type that into your browser. The login is administrator, there is no PW. And now you have access to your camera.

Message 18 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support