Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Digital life not working on apple watch

Tutor

Digital life not working on apple watch

Digital life app not working on Apple Watch 4 series. Any ideas how to fix this?

Message 1 of 27
Tutor

Re: Digital life not working on apple watch

That is correct ... no option for Face ID until iPhone X . With regards to the “Remember me “hack  without utilizing FID , That didn’t work . App on watch seems to only work if in close proximity to iPhone . Watch with LTE connection away from phone did not work . Gave the static loading circle and the “not authorized “ notice 

Message 16 of 27
Tutor

Maybe i see if it works if I leave Face ID turned off and get back 

Message 17 of 27
Community Support

@DaKANGDA  Ok am forwarding the info off to our developers to communicate with Apple on this.. let me know if it works when leaving off face ID.. thank you!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 27
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTDigitalLifeCS
‎02-14-2019 7:42 AM

@DaKANGDA  Hello. I have received some more information regarding this. I am being told that the phone does need to be within proximity of the watch in order for it to be able to log into Digital Life. The reason for this is that on the watch there is not a way to log into the Digital Life app and the phone uses your credentials to log in. If your watch was ever lost, then someone cannot utilize your watch and gain access to your Digital Life system. My understanding is that this is the same with numerous other apps due to protecting customers information.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 19 of 27
Tutor

Ok , thanks for the follow up . This greatly appreciated. BTW , app has been working greatly since update . 

Message 20 of 27
Community Support

@DaKANGDA  You are more than welcome! Glad to hear it about the app, I will pass that along! Have a great rest of your day!

Message 21 of 27
Tutor

That’s the safest thing to do. Thank you.
Message 22 of 27
Tutor

Setting the remember me before setting up Face ID appears to be working so far. I need to test being away from my iPhone and see if it works. Thank you for the suggestion, I will report back.

Message 23 of 27
Community Support

@fontp002   Hello. Glad to hear it's working.. I did post this the other day, so you will need to be in proximity of the phone for it to work. "I have received some more information regarding this. I am being told that the phone does need to be within proximity of the watch in order for it to be able to log into Digital Life. The reason for this is that on the watch there is not a way to log into the Digital Life app and the phone uses your credentials to log in. If your watch was ever lost, then someone cannot utilize your watch and gain access to your Digital Life system. My understanding is that this is the same with numerous other apps due to protecting customers information. "

Message 24 of 27
Tutor

Thank you. I was hoping that wasn’t the case. I normally go jogging and I don’t bring my phone so I wanted to be able to lock and unlock my house with the watch.

Message 25 of 27
Tutor

You should be able to put the alarm and off while still in the vicinity of the house/phone ... I believe
Message 26 of 27
Community Support

@fontp002  Hello... sounds like you have one of our door locks , which as you know you could just use the code to unlock the door. For security of you and our customers, the watch will have to be within proximity of the phone to work.  I am thinking that you may be able to still do what you would like if you left your phone near the door so that when you came back to the house you were close to it... I am curious, so if you try it, would you let me know? Thank you

Message 27 of 27
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support