Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Digital Life & Internet Connection

Highlighted
Contributor

Digital Life & Internet Connection

I've called the Digital Life department and received various responses to my question below. I do not have video cameras, just basic equipment (keybad, smoke alarms, window sensors, glass break sensors, motion detector).

1. Does Digital Life equipment REQUIRE an internet connection to function?

2. If not, is there a delay at all in alerting appropriate parties (DL/Authorities etc) in the event one of the devices goes off?

3. How does the service work without internet service?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTDigitalLifeCS
‎06-11-2019 11:16 AM

Re: Digital Life & Internet Connection

@Lalaland  Hello. I'm sorry you received various responses. Let me see if i can clear this up for ya.

All security systems legally  require a back up to be in place. Digital Life runs off of 3G with internet as the back up. So internet is required for the system. Other companies use hard phone lines as their back up, a lot of people have moved away from having a phone line at home so internet is the backup for most.

Please let me know if you  have any other questions.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

If we prefer to use a hard phone line instead of internet as a backup, is that an option for digital life? 

Message 3 of 4
Community Support

@Lalaland  Hello. No, hard phone line is not an option, only internet as the backup.Most companies have moved to internet as the backup as it is more secure.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support