Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: DL Garage Door Controller Compatibility

Teacher

DL Garage Door Controller Compatibility

My DigitalLfe is going to be installed next Thursday 3/31/16 and I need to instal a new garage opener.  I want to buy one that will work with DL Garage Door Controller.  Does anyone know if either of these will work?  

Chamberlain 

Home Depot's model: HD210

Lowes model: LW2200

I think they are the same opener, below is the description from Lowes.

0.5-HP Chain Drive Garage Door Opener

• Powerful HP motor with a rugged and reliable, industrial strength chain drive
  • Accessories include 1 pre-programmed, 3-button, multi-frequency remote that provides consistent performance over a long range
  • Also includes easy push button wall control and safety sensors
  • Easy setup using 1-touch adjustments and auto force control
  • HomeLink® compatible works with the HomeLink buttons built into most cars
  • Patented Security + 2.0 rolling code technology and PosiLock anti-theft protection assures that once the door closes it stays locked
  • 5 piece rail system fits garages with 7-ft high garage doors – extension kits required for 8-ft garage doors (model 7708CB) or 10-ft (model 7710CB) in height

Please let me know right away. 

Message 1 of 12
Former Employee

After reviewing the models on both websites, the garage door controller does look compatible with digital life. Just make sure to use the buttons that come with the controller and not to get the smart switches that show temperature. 

Message 2 of 12
Teacher

Hi Marinoice,

Thank you for the quick response, I will pick it up tonight.  When you say use the button with the controller, you mean the ones that come with the garage door correct?  DL does not have buttons for this do they?

Just want to double check.

Keith!

Message 3 of 12
Highlighted
Former Employee

No they do come with their own. It looks like a simple push button which is perfect. I have seen hundreds of these that have worked since digital life has started in Jersey. This would be an example of a smart switch that would not make OUR controller work on your controller. 

craftsman-assurelink-pic-wall-control.png

Message 4 of 12
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Kacord
‎03-25-2016 9:42 PM

No they do come with their own. It looks like a simple push button which is perfect. I have seen hundreds of these that have worked since digital life has started in Jersey. This would be an example of a smart switch that would not make OUR controller work on your controller. 

Smart Garage Switch

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 12
Teacher

Perfect - Thanks!

Message 6 of 12
Contributor

Marinoice,

Two questions, I want to ensure I am understanding you regarding the picture of the controller. Are you saying that if a customer has a controller like/similar to the one in the pic that displays temperature (among other things), that the Digital Life controller WILL NOT be compatible (wont work.)?

Second question, if the incompatibility is a result of having the controller you pictured, would the replacement of the controller with a simple controller with up/down buttons and no display be a viable workaround to the incompatibility issue?    

Message 7 of 12
Contributor

Who is the manufacturer of the DL garage door opener
Message 8 of 12
Contributor

Who makes the att DL garage wireless controller
Message 9 of 12
Contributor

I just installed the chamberlain garage door opener, with simple single button switch.  Afterwards my digital life unit to open/close the door stopped working. I could see that the door was open or closed, but could not actually activate the door.  Digital life sent a tech who after working on it, said the chamberlain is not compatible, and he removed it so I could return it.

I live in Florida, so not sure if home location has anything to do with the compatibility?

LD from Wesley Chapel

Message 10 of 12
Community Support

@Desleea Home location does not dictate compatibility. Compatibility is simply determined by the make and model of the garage unit.

Unfortunately, not all garage units are compatible.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 12
Tutor

I just bought and installed a brand new Liftmaster 8550W, but I was told by the tech from AT&T that came out that the Digital Life Garage door opener that we have will not work with that type of opener.  I bought that opener because it is top of the line and Digital Life is suppose to work with the Top of the Line.  When will the issue be address and fixed??  I am not happy at all with AT&T right now.   

Message 12 of 12
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Thanksgifting! Get a PopSocket stocking stuffer on us* - Learn How
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support