For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
4moonglow's profile

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

Wednesday, September 9th, 2015 5:41 PM

zte maven

i just purchased a zte maven.  i would like to change my ringtone to something i have downloaded, but can't seem to do it.  i have searched here (many posts along the same line), but can't seem to find my particular answer.  can anyone point me in the right direction??  thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

116 Messages

9 years ago

In order to add a custom ringtone, you’ll need to add the file from your computer to your phone.

· Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable.

· Tap Media device (MTP).

o Note: If you have a microSDHC card in your phone, you may be presented with additional options. Open the Notifications panel and tap Connected as a media device.

· On your PC, choose to view files through Windows Explorer. If you have a Mac, visit http://www.android.com/filetransfer to download the necessary software.

· Choose whether you want to add files to your phone’s internal storage or to the microSDHC card, and then drag and drop the files you want to transfer.

· When you’re finished transferring files, open the Notifications panel and tap Connected as a media device> Charge only. You may now safely disconnect your phone from the computer.

Once the file you are wanting to use as your ringtone is saved, you can assign it as a ringtone:

· From your phone, open the Music app

· Select All Songs/Playlists/Favorites/Artists/Albums/Folder

· Tap the icon that has 3 dots with 2 lines next to the song

· Tap Set as ringtone

· Tap Phone Ringtone or Notification Ringtone

Another cool thing you can do is set a Voice Memo as your ringtone!!

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

9 years ago

thank you very much, MalyndaLeigh ... such a detailed explanation, thank you for taking the time to outline the steps as you have ... Smiley Happy

Employee

• 

116 Messages

9 years ago

Glad I could help! 😃

Mentor

• 

59 Messages

7 years ago

this works, but I dont understand why the ringtones go in the music folder and not the folder called ringtones on the phone? I put them in ringtones (folder) and they never showed up on the phone. now when I turn my phone on it shows the music on the main screen which is annoying. I dont have music there only ringtones. and I'm still unable to use the new ringtone files for things like texts, etc.

this phone comes with the worst ringtones, they all are horrible.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.