Troubleshoot your device issues
JredTheRed's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, March 29th, 2015 8:19 AM

will my sim card work in a cricket phone?

If I were to purchase a Cricket phone, would my AT&T sim card work in it? I know AT&T bought Cricket last year...so I figured that may be possible. Is it?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello! @JredTheRed  Thank you for posting your questions about purchasing a Cricket phone.

Any newer Cricket 4G LTE phone will work with an AT&T SIM card and provide voice and data service.

Thanks!

Charise

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

more specificaly the Samsung Galaxy Express...pretty sure its 4g lte....but don't think its new.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Thank you for the answer. i have been looking for this for a while now. and the galaxy express will work with an att simcard

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

would the nokia lumia 1520 work well with the att sim card. just got my s5 stollen:(

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

does this apply to a new unactivated cricket phone? I have seen a few on sale recently and want to relplace a phone broken by my son. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I'm looking to purchase a Samsung Galaxy S4 it's throught Cricket could it work on at&t It's imei number is *** just wantedon't to know before I bought it.

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Unkess hte phone is unlocked from Cricket I would not count on it I purchased a Cricket HTCDesire from WalMart as a temporary phone for my son. I had been told it would work fine with AT&AT sim card. Inserted the sim and powered on the phone I got a message asking for an unlock code. I contacted Cricket via chat and asked about it. they stated the phone had to be active on Cricket for 6 months before it could be unlocked. I tried AT&T chat also and there is nothing they could do sine it is technically not an AT&T phone. =If it is used make sure to get it unlocked before purchasing if new I would pass.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

No its a year old my friend is selling it I'm looking for a new phone really want the galaxy note 1 or something cheap better than the phone I have now

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

is it still being used on cricket right now or was it originally an AT&T phone? if on Cricket just make sure your friend has it unlocked first 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Yes It will i put a cricket sim card in my at&t locked note 3 and it works perfect.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.