Troubleshoot your device issues
tsar773's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 4:12 PM

will a European Huawei Honor 8 work in the USA

Hi guys, the phone in question is unlocked (not bound to a specific European carrier) and i'm wondering if it will work on AT&T when I travel to the US. If not, I need to get another phone.

I've heard lots of conflicting information so thought i'd check with the community - thanks for your help

regards

matt

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Non unlocked?   That would be locked.   As in locked to another carrier?   Any phone locked to another carrier has to be unlocked before it can work with a different carrier

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I can't really tell the condition of my phone, since I bought the phone online (nt from the carrier). So there are only two types of phone? Unlocked and locked? Is there any neutral phone, like mine?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Phones are either:

Factory unlocked, as in never designed for or sold by a carrier, never locked to a carrier.

or

Locked to the carrier they were sold for (like ATT) 

or 

Carrier unlocked.  As in all obligations were complete and the carrier has removed the sim lock so a phone can be used with other carriers.

There is no neutral.  I'm not sure what you mean by that.   As far as I know the Honor 8 was not sold by any carrier and would be a factory unlocked phone.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Let say it's a factory unlocked phone, am I able to access 3g of T mobile (someone mentioned it), even though it doesn't have band 2 and 4?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'm Italian and in 20 days I'll move to USA, I have a honor 8 (FDL-L09) so I just read this forum and I'd like to ask you if you tried your honor 8 in US and if it works. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

NO, European Honor8 doesn work with At&T SIM cards. I just tried to do it in At&T San Francisco store with my Spanish Honor 8 and they told me that this device doesnt read theirs SIM cards, so I went to T-mobile and actually DOESN´T give me LTE Fastest Data Speed! BAD!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hello everyone, 

This is my second time in the US with this supposingly good phone, well IT DOES NOT WORK. And it really makes me angry to see that people still give their opinions without having tested the product itself. My phone is unlocked all carriers. In september , in Los Angeles, I thought this might be the software that was not updated, but this time in Chicago, for sure it does not work. It finds TMobile 2g and 3g , but you cannot connect. 

The honor customer services in France is just not professionnal at all. Looks like they don't even understand my question.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.