Explore & discover

Helpful Links

wifi vs. data plan

Scholar

wifi vs. data plan

Please tell me what the [*****] is wrong.  If I connect my phone to my home's wifi, shouldn't I get page loads similar to my laptop?  If I do side by side comparisons, my laptop loads a page almost instantly (satellite; nothing is instant).  My Fuze...still trying....still trying... it takes over a minute to load, if it loads at all.  I've tried Opera, Skyfire & pIE. Oddly, pIE was the snappiest.  I tried doing a speed test at BBR, but it never finishs.  At Testmy.net, I selected SmarTest and it never completed.  I tried several times. Speedtest.net doesn't load the page completely (ajax?).

I've been getting such a slow connection using AT&T's data plan that I'm going to drop it soon.  I'm tired of trying to get it to work, but I thought I could get wifi to work well.  Is it the phone?

Please do not attempt to evade the word filter and remember to use language appropriate for this forum's format. Thank you.

Message Edited by Sentry on 12-08-2008 08:22:47 AM
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Master

Re: wifi vs. data plan

You should never ever compare the two speeds. You're comparing a device with a completely browser and it's own wifi card (not to mention the huge difference in the RAM and processor which affect some aspects to an extent) with one that doesn't even have it's own wifi chip and has a different browser. The page has to load so much stuff on a smaller screen so it's definitely going to take more time (hence the reason some sites put up mobile versions) Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 5
Scholar

Makes sense, thank you.  I'm trying to get a connection worthy of this phone, but not finding it.  The data plan is too slow where I live & work and so is the WiFi.  Thankfully, I don't 'have' to have the data plan and still enjoy my Fuze.
Message 3 of 5
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by wekebu
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

you know, I got so tired of the endless page uploads on wifi, it turned off images.   if i need to see a pic I can turn it back on or go to skyfire, but on pIE and opera i have them blocked
Message 4 of 5
Scholar

@markfinley wrote:
you know, I got so tired of the endless page uploads on wifi, it turned off images.   if i need to see a pic I can turn it back on or go to skyfire, but on pIE and opera i have them blocked

What a great idea!  Thank you very much.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support