For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
BOBEG's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 3rd, 2012 6:56 PM

what does "enable always-on mobile" mean on my impulse 4g phone

Please explain what "Enable always-on mobile" means on my Impulse 4g and why I should or should not use it

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Right. The "Enable always-on mobile data" means that the phone will always try to connect to the mobile data connection. This will allow things like push email to work so you will get them without having to do anything. If you turn that off, the phone will only make a data connection when you go to use it such as the web or Pandora. 😉

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

What setting are you trying to configure exactly? Is this on a Android in Google Play store? If so, this just means that when a update is available for an app and it allowed to automatically update as per your request, it will download over AT&T's network and not over Wi-FI.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

This option is in my phones settings (Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Enable always-on mobile). I'm trying to understand why I should or should not check this box. I have already checked the (Data enabled) box to enable data access over Mobile network. I just don't know what the other box means.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.