Troubleshoot your device issues
elesh17's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 20th, 2017 3:40 AM

using new unlocked dual Sim Phone.

I am from Us In India for nxt 3 months. currently I am using Us phones with Indian  sim card. week ago My phone  get crashed, and not recoverable at all. So I want buy a new phone,Here in India mostly all phones comes as dual sim and unlocked.(samsung galaxy). Supports GSM and All 4G lte bands. Specificatios are as under. 

Technology GSM / HSPA / LTE
2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
  HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 -A910F/DS
4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 40(2300)
  LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 17(700), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300) -A910F/DS
Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps
GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes

I have At&t services.which is currently active.

So my question are:

1. Does Dual sim Phones works In Us with AT&T?( Looking above specs.)

2. what is activation proccess (I have active 4G sim card from my crashed phone)?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Associated Member

• 

111 Messages

7 years ago

Hi elesh17,

We are always willing to help you fix problems with your phone that’s why we’re always looking for ways so you can contact us easily.

So my question are:

2. what is activation proccess (I have active 4G sim card from my crashed phone)?

Great questions, First dual sim phone will definitely work with at&t but with some conditions.

• Phone should be UNLOCKED.
  • Since the phone is not from at&t data or internet may or may not work.
  • if in the future the phone is going to encounter any issues at&t may not be able to troubleshoot the phone for you.

The activation process is going to be the same  ACTIVATE HERE.

• ICCID number (simcard number starting with 8901)
  • IMEI number (for dual simphone you will have 2 IMEI number) ie; IMEI number 1 and IMEI number 2 ( depends of what slot are you gonna insert your simcard)

Complete the activation. Test the service. Hope this will help.

Regards,

ELROY

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@ELroy1968 wrote:

Hi @elesh17,

We are always willing to help you fix problems with your phone that’s why we’re always looking for ways so you can contact us easily.

So my question are:

Great questions, First dual sim phone will definitely work with at&t but with some conditions.

• Phone should be UNLOCKED.
  • Since the phone is not from at&t data or internet may or may not work.
  • if in the future the phone is going to encounter any issues at&t may not be able to troubleshoot the phone for you.

The activation process is going to be the same  ACTIVATE HERE.

• ICCID number (simcard number starting with 8901)
  • IMEI number (for dual simphone you will have 2 IMEI number) ie; IMEI number 1 and IMEI number 2 ( depends of what slot are you gonna insert your simcard)

Complete the activation. Test the service. Hope this will help.

Regards,

ELROY

@ELroy1968

so explain to me since this user is a att customer what they have to activate?  Its just a mater of installing the sim from there failed phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

thx

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hello Elesh 17,

Most Indoian phones are unlocked (I have yet to coem acros a phone in india that is locked to a carrier). So in theroy they will work, if 3G bands supported are 850Mhz and 1900Mhz. However only one slot can be used on AT&T sim, as the other by default will become 2g and AT&T does not support 2g bands anymore.

Data will work, yo may just have to manually add the AT&T apn settings (google and you will find the AT&T apn setting details).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Does AT&T sell dual sim card cell phones. I talked to five different people today and acted like I was a alien, when I mentioned dual sim cards mobile phones,. Most of Europe have dual sim cards, but AT&T agents are poorly trainined.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Att sold me three iOS devices that has dual sims which I don’t need . My bill is nearly $400 . When I could have had I1 iPhone max with dual sims . I feel like the sales person didn’t explained to me what I was getting . All I do is make simple phone calls and take pictures and go on my social media that’s it . I do hair and sell clothes , no need for all these cell phones and iPad with dual capabilities . I have been duked by att sales rep . Anita x 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I want my money back 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.