Troubleshoot your device issues
ESQUEIRO's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, September 30th, 2008 1:50 AM

Closed

using a Blackberry curve for Gophone account... data plans?

I couldn't find any answers on the support center for this, so I'll ask you guys. I'm getting a blackberry curve in a couple of days, and I have a prepaid GoPhone account. my quesion is, would the unlimited media net data plan work with this? or do you have to get the  "blackberry package"  on the regular plans? I would assume the unlimited data  package on prepaid for 19.99 might work, but I wanted to make sure. any info would be helpful.

Message Edited by ESQUEIRO on 09-29-2008 06:53:34 PM

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

16 years ago

I was thinking about purchaseing the blackberry curve  8310 again for my prepaid plan. I had bought it before and used the unlimted media net just fine. I had taken it back because I thought something was going on with the phone but it turned out that I had a data outage in my area that week and regreated taking it back ever since.  If the unlimted media net for blackberry 8310 is not suppose to work for prepaid than why do they offer it when you call 611 lol?

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

16 years ago

My credit wasn't the best when I switched to AT&T.  I just paid the deposit and then have any plan to choose from.  Might go that route if you want all the bells and whistles.

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

16 years ago

coolchick200583 wrote:
I was thinking about purchaseing the blackberry curve  8310 again for my prepaid plan. I had bought it before and used the unlimted media net just fine. I had taken it back because I thought something was going on with the phone but it turned out that I had a data outage in my area that week and regreated taking it back ever since.  If the unlimted media net for blackberry 8310 is not suppose to work for prepaid than why do they offer it when you call 611 lol?

Could be that the 8310 actually uses medianet not RIM. I don't know for sure. It's also possible that 611 isn't supposed to offer that. Since this would mean that it's better to be on prepaid than on postpaid for the 8310 since it's about 1/2 the cost of a data plan at postpaid ($15 unlimited medianet-prepaid vs $30 unlimited PDA data plan - postpaid). I would call it an unfair practice by AT&T if true. Postpaid customers should have the perks not prepaid.

Message Edited by csp_gp on 10-01-2008 05:13:57 PM

Expert

• 

13K Messages

16 years ago

@coolchick200583 wrote:
     I was thinking about purchasing the blackberry curve  8310 again for my prepaid plan. I had bought it before and used the unlimited media net just fine. I had taken it back because I thought something was going on with the phone but it turned out that I had a data outage in my area that week and regretted taking it back ever since.  If the unlimited media net for blackberry 8310 is not suppose to work for prepaid than why do they offer it when you call 611 lol?

It should not be offered through the automated system or even a live rep when you call in. the system should catch that you are using a BB and not offer it, and a rep should see you have a BB registered to your account and not add the feature.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

i use a 8310 for my pay as you go to. so i know your familiar with the transaction pop up and the complete pop up. my makes a tune every time it pops up, does your? do you know how to remove the tune or even change it? its driving me crazy. thank you.

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

15 years ago

You can get push e-mail on a Blackberry on prepaid using a slightly non-traditional approach. Google on "Activeberry." Also take a look over at Howards Forum in the Rogers (Canadian) users area. There is a lot of discussions going on about how to reconfigure your Blackberry to use standard data plans.

Mentor

• 

65 Messages

15 years ago

It is possible for att to catch up with u if audited and u could owe some money but since your prepaid i realy dont know how theyd collect!! lol! To be honest before i got my curve i had a blackjack and the rep that sold my the phone told me hed save me some money and placed me on the media net plan and i never had to pay anything more than $15.00 a month!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.