upgrade discount on new phones (Samsung Galaxy S5)

Contributor

upgrade discount on new phones (Samsung Galaxy S5)

My 2 year contract is up and I'm thinking about waiting for the Galaxy S5 before upgrading.  I'm wondering if there will be an upgrade discount on a brand new phone, and if so, around how much I can expect it to be. 

I know it's hard to guess, but what is AT&T's past history with discounts on phones that just came out - i.e. iPhone 5s, Galaxy S4?  Was there a significant discount?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted

Re: upgrade discount on new phones (Samsung Galaxy S5)

Hello devoidzer,
If you plan on signing a new contract, my guess for subsidized pricing would be in the $199 to $299 range, depending on the full cost of the handset.
Message 2 of 4
Community Support

Hello @devoidzer0 ,

You can visit http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices.html#fbid=gewekz2zNLa to view the current promotions on equipment and service. Hope this helps!

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Mentor

From what I've seen the upgrade discount is just a thing of the past.  You're still going to end up paying full retail price.    If you use the traditional upgrade plan, then instead of paying $15 for an extra line, the cost of that line goes to $40 per month.  So in my case, I can "upgrade" but now I pay an extra $25/month forever on that line.   If I switch to the Next Program, then I pay anywhere from $20-$40 a month extra.  I might only pay 18 months, or up to 36 months depending on the actual cost of the phone.  Again, it's not like in the past were I just upgraded for about $199 on the phone and no extra charges.  Now, no matter what option I chose, I'm going to have to pay about $25/month.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support