unlocking my s3

Tutor

unlocking my s3

I'm trying to unlock my galaxy s3, att gave me 5 steps to follow on how to unlock it, after I entered the unlock code it said that my device is unlocked, do I need to follow the other 4 steps I was given or am I good to go???
Message 1 of 10 (15,132 Views)
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author broo_klyn
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: unlocking my s3

That's all you have to do. As soon as the phone said anything like 'network lock deactivated', it was done.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 10 (15,106 Views)
Tutor

Thanx for the help
Message 3 of 10 (15,086 Views)
Contributor

what are the 5 steps to unlock my galaxy s3

Message 4 of 10 (13,968 Views)
Highlighted
Expert
Solution
Accepted by ATT_James (Former Moderator)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

GRIezza wrote:

what are the 5 steps to unlock my galaxy s3

step 1 would be to contact att for the code required to unlock your phone

Message 5 of 10 (13,937 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello how are you? Would you be willing to share the five steps and code to unlocking your phone. My e-mail is {Personal content removed for your safety}

Message 6 of 10 (7,268 Views)
ACE - Expert

The code is different for each phone. Getting someone else's code will not help you. You need to contact AT&T for the proper code for your phone.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 10 (7,262 Views)
Contributor

i bought a samsung galaxy s3 mini from a person from craigslist and im trying to unlock it to use with a diffrent company what do i do? it wont accept the sim card from my company.

Message 8 of 10 (5,140 Views)
ACE - Expert

AT&T will only unlock phones for current or former customers and the phone would have to have been on their account. If not, your phone will not be unlocked.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 10 (5,095 Views)

If you know the original owner you have to get them to request the unlock from AT&T . Even though I am a customer in good standing , AT&T would not unlock an Iphone for me that I got on Ebay . Luckily the seller was the original owner , and requested the unlock for me . But up till then AT&T would not unlock it even though it had a good "imei" . 

Message 10 of 10 (5,023 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.