Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jul 22, 2012
7:12:35 PM
unlocking my s3
I'm trying to unlock my galaxy s3, att gave me 5 steps to follow on how to unlock it, after I entered the unlock code it said that my device is unlocked, do I need to follow the other 4 steps I was given or am I good to go???
I'm trying to unlock my galaxy s3, att gave me 5 steps to follow on how to unlock it, after I entered the unlock code it said that my device is unlocked, do I need to follow the other 4 steps I was given or am I good to go???
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 4, 2012 3:34:05 AM
(0)
Expert

GRIezza wrote:

what are the 5 steps to unlock my galaxy s3

step 1 would be to contact att for the code required to unlock your phone

Accepted Solution

unlocking my s3

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 23, 2012 6:27:51 AM
(0)
Employee
That's all you have to do. As soon as the phone said anything like 'network lock deactivated', it was done.
That's all you have to do. As soon as the phone said anything like 'network lock deactivated', it was done.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: unlocking my s3

2 of 10 (14,946 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2012 1:09:27 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanx for the help
Thanx for the help

3 of 10 (14,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2012 3:35:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

4 of 10 (13,808 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 4, 2012 3:34:05 AM
(0)
Expert

GRIezza wrote:

GRIezza wrote:

5 of 10 (13,777 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 5:18:12 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Taylarie on Dec 2, 2013 at 6:14:46 AM

Hello how are you? Would you be willing to share the five steps and code to unlocking your phone. My e-mail is {Personal content removed for your safety}

Hello how are you? Would you be willing to share the five steps and code to unlocking your phone. My e-mail is {Personal content removed for your safety}

[ Edited ]
6 of 10 (7,108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 5:44:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
The code is different for each phone. Getting someone else's code will not help you. You need to contact AT&T for the proper code for your phone.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
The code is different for each phone. Getting someone else's code will not help you. You need to contact AT&T for the proper code for your phone.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 10 (7,102 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 1:01:41 PM
(0)
Contributor

i bought a samsung galaxy s3 mini from a person from craigslist and im trying to unlock it to use with a diffrent company what do i do? it wont accept the sim card from my company.

i bought a samsung galaxy s3 mini from a person from craigslist and im trying to unlock it to use with a diffrent company what do i do? it wont accept the sim card from my company.

8 of 10 (4,980 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 6:20:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
AT&T will only unlock phones for current or former customers and the phone would have to have been on their account. If not, your phone will not be unlocked.
AT&T will only unlock phones for current or former customers and the phone would have to have been on their account. If not, your phone will not be unlocked.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 10 (4,935 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2014 6:51:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

If you know the original owner you have to get them to request the unlock from AT&T . Even though I am a customer in good standing , AT&T would not unlock an Iphone for me that I got on Ebay . Luckily the seller was the original owner , and requested the unlock for me . But up till then AT&T would not unlock it even though it had a good "imei" . 

If you know the original owner you have to get them to request the unlock from AT&T . Even though I am a customer in good standing , AT&T would not unlock an Iphone for me that I got on Ebay . Luckily the seller was the original owner , and requested the unlock for me . But up till then AT&T would not unlock it even though it had a good "imei" . 

10 of 10 (4,863 Views)