Troubleshoot your device issues
coldwetnoz's profile

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

Thursday, November 27th, 2008 4:28 AM

Closed

transfering photos to computer

I have an AT&T LG Shine and I recently ordered an at&t data cable in the hopes that I could load my photos from my phone to my computer.  The cable fits but this cable is mostly a communications manager.  I still don't know how or if I can transfer my photos to my computer with this cable.  Is there a way to do it?

Accepted Solution

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

15 years ago

The information didn't do me any good until I went out and bought a scan disk memory card.  I was able to transfer the photos to the card, then do the Mass storage thing that KevJ25 suggested.  Success!  Thanks, KevJ25.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

15 years ago

You need to change the settings from Data Transfer to Mass Storage Device.  Go to Settings, then Connection.  USB Connection Mode.  Choose Mass Stoarge.  You should then be able to view your files on your memory card with your computer.  Hope this helps.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks, but I'm not sure there is a memory card in my phone.  Isn't that something I would have had to purchase and put in the phone?  What if these photos are stored in the built-in camera memory?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

15 years ago

Thanx for this information.  I bought my USB Cable a few days back and I was still scratching my head.  You have saved me the hussle.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

Hi.  This fixed my problem.  THANK YOU.

I have a new cell phone (Samsung SGH-A767) with a memory card and a data cable.  I would plug the phone into my computer and . . . nothing would happen.

I used KevJ25's suggestion.  The choices were slightly different - - Settings, Connectivity, Select USB mode, Mass Storage.  This worked!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!  Now I can copy my pictures from my memory card in my phone to my computer.  YEAH!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.