Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 3, 2008
5:35:20 PM
View profile
sim card problems
i lost my (already severely damaged) SE W580i phone along with the sim card, but a friend lent me an old phone of theirs and well i have a new inactivated sim card. Would they charge me to activate it? Could I just call it in, or do I have to go to the ATT store? Would I keep my same number?
i lost my (already severely damaged) SE W580i phone along with the sim card, but a friend lent me an old phone of theirs and well i have a new inactivated sim card. Would they charge me to activate it? Could I just call it in, or do I have to go to the ATT store? Would I keep my same number?
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 3, 2008 5:46:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

C_ortiz92 wrote:

I would recommend going to the AT&T store to activate it as then you can verify that everything is working correctly before leaving the store, but you should be able to activate over the phone as well.

No charge since you have both a phone and a SIM, and just tell them you're replacing a SIM on an existing account, that way you'll keep your number.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

sim card problems

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 3, 2008 5:46:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

C_ortiz92 wrote:

I would recommend going to the AT&T store to activate it as then you can verify that everything is working correctly before leaving the store, but you should be able to activate over the phone as well.

No charge since you have both a phone and a SIM, and just tell them you're replacing a SIM on an existing account, that way you'll keep your number.

C_ortiz92 wrote:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: sim card problems

2 of 4 (10,031 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2008 6:42:11 PM
(0)
Contributor
thanks! i did as you suggested and now my phone is working again
thanks again,
Smiley Happy
clarie <3
thanks again,
Smiley Happy
clarie <3

3 of 4 (9,978 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2008 9:17:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

C_ortiz92 wrote:
thanks again,
Smiley Happy
clarie <3

Glad to help!

C_ortiz92 wrote:
thanks again,
Smiley Happy
clarie <3

Glad to help!

4 of 4 (9,949 Views)