Troubleshoot your device issues
coolchick200583's profile

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

Tuesday, September 30th, 2008 7:53 PM

Closed

ringtones

Hi, I know this question has been asked a 100 times but someone had sent me a mp3 ringtone to  my centro. For some reason I can't get it to play. What do I need to download to get it to play on my phone? Also How do you delete ringtones off of the centro? Like the ones I have bought off att and some that I have made?

Accepted Solution

Guru

• 

321 Messages

16 years ago

You need MiniTones in order to play MP3 files as ringtones on the Centro.  If I recall correctly, there should be a "manage sounds" button in one of the settings panel that lets you remove sound files.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

16 years ago

how do you get miniTones? i am new to all this...obviously

Guru

• 

321 Messages

16 years ago

You click on the link I provided above, download the program and install it on your phone.  I have not used MiniTones myself so I can't take you farther than that, though I would expect the web page I linked to have instructions on use.

Scholar

• 

128 Messages

15 years ago

You do not need Mintones or other apps to do this. Here's how to add it to your tones library:

Make sure your device is updated to the most current revision of PalmOS (There have been updates since the release of the Centro), and then use Ringo Pro, Mim, or other ringtone managers. You can also add MP3 ringtones into your device by following these instructions:
  • Place the MP3s file you want to import in the Audio folder of your (micro)SD card.
  • In the Blazer web browser, type: file:///audio/xxx.mp3 where xxx is the name of your mp3 file, note 3 forward slashes after the file.
  • Hit GO.
  • Then you will be prompted and select Copy To Ringtone.
  • Then Hit Save and Open.
  • The MP3 Ringtone will now be added to your Ringtones which you can Manage from your Prefs/Sounds.

In addition to mp3's the latest Palm smartphones support a number of ringtone formats including: AAC, AAC+, MIDI, WAV, and AMR.

The 3rd party apps add additional functionality to the Centro or Treo, but aren't needed to actually use the tone itself.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.