Ask a question

Highlighted
Posted Jul 6, 2009
1:06:22 PM
"Check SIM"
Recently, my RAZR V3xx has just shut down randomly, then a minute or so later turned on and read "Check SIM." I was not able to go to any menus or anything. So, I took the SIM out and blew on it a bit and it turned back on, fully functional. However, this has happened a few times now, one time causing my speed dial list to be reset. I know I've been at the beach recently and it could be the heat, but I keep it covered in its case and in a little pocket in my cooler. It's not the cold because this section is insulated and seperate from the inside. The first time it happened was when I sat on it about 3 months ago, and the message came up several hours after I had sat on it. Any ideas on how to prevent it or fix the problem?
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 7, 2009 4:35:17 PM
(0)
Master
One way to rule out your SIM card as the cause, would be to place it in anther AT&T device, and see if you still receive that error message. If you don't have another phone, you can always go to an AT&T store in your area, and  the Reps. should be able to do some basic trouble shooting for you.
Accepted Solution

"Check SIM"

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 7, 2009 4:35:17 PM
(0)
Master
One way to rule out your SIM card as the cause, would be to place it in anther AT&T device, and see if you still receive that error message. If you don't have another phone, you can always go to an AT&T store in your area, and  the Reps. should be able to do some basic trouble shooting for you.

Re: "Check SIM"

2 of 4 (3,800 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2009 6:38:13 AM
(0)
Scholar

The SIM works fine in the other phones, so I guess the phone is having issues. Thanks.

3 of 4 (3,695 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2009 6:39:59 PM
(0)
Master

nygiants3360 wrote:

The SIM works fine in the other phones, so I guess the phone is having issues. Thanks.

You are welcome....... If you have had your device less than one you, you can always to a  Warranty Exchange.

4 of 4 (3,664 Views)