propel a767 sim work in other phones?

propel a767 sim work in other phones?

My propel screen has turned completely white.  I am not able to do anything except send and receive phone calls.  My contract is up in May and I do not wish to pay for another phone til the upgrade.  I was offered a Razor and a Blackberry.  Does anyone know if the propel sim will work in these phones?

Message 1 of 7
Professor

Re: propel a767 sim work in other phones?

Your SIM will work in either phone, but be prepared to pay for a data plan if you put it in the BlackBerry. AT&T will detect BB and automatically add a data plan. I'd suggest going for the Razor.

Message 2 of 7

I do already have a data plan.  I have the unlimited for 10.00.  So maybe it will work.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 7
Professor

Not for the BlackBerry it won't. You'll need a BB data plan. Your options are $15/month for 200MB or $25/month for 2GB. There is no longer an unlimited data plan for smartphones. And the BB data plans don't include text messages.

Message 4 of 7

Thank you for the info.  The Razr became unavailable so I have the bb and called about the data plan.  So far it is working great and an extra 5.00 for the next 5 months is still cheaper than 50.00 to replace the phone.  Thank you. 

Message 5 of 7
Contributor

My mom is having the same problem with her a767 phone.  I'm looking on eBay for a replacement for the same reasons as the original poster.  What should I look for in a basic replacement phone?  What network compatibility in a replacement?  GSM?

Message 6 of 7
Master

DreadPirateMike wrote:

My mom is having the same problem with her a767 phone.  I'm looking on eBay for a replacement for the same reasons as the original poster.  What should I look for in a basic replacement phone?  What network compatibility in a replacement?  GSM?

Yes, GSM technology is what AT&T uses. Just so long as it's an AT&T phone or unlocked T-Mobile phone you should be all set. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, either.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support