Troubleshoot your device issues
LindaMRamos's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, December 6th, 2010 9:06 PM

propel a767 sim work in other phones?

My propel screen has turned completely white.  I am not able to do anything except send and receive phone calls.  My contract is up in May and I do not wish to pay for another phone til the upgrade.  I was offered a Razor and a Blackberry.  Does anyone know if the propel sim will work in these phones?

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

13 years ago

Your SIM will work in either phone, but be prepared to pay for a data plan if you put it in the BlackBerry. AT&T will detect BB and automatically add a data plan. I'd suggest going for the Razor.

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

13 years ago

Not for the BlackBerry it won't. You'll need a BB data plan. Your options are $15/month for 200MB or $25/month for 2GB. There is no longer an unlimited data plan for smartphones. And the BB data plans don't include text messages.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

I do already have a data plan.  I have the unlimited for 10.00.  So maybe it will work.  Thank you.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you for the info.  The Razr became unavailable so I have the bb and called about the data plan.  So far it is working great and an extra 5.00 for the next 5 months is still cheaper than 50.00 to replace the phone.  Thank you. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

My mom is having the same problem with her a767 phone.  I'm looking on eBay for a replacement for the same reasons as the original poster.  What should I look for in a basic replacement phone?  What network compatibility in a replacement?  GSM?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@DreadPirateMike wrote:

My mom is having the same problem with her a767 phone.  I'm looking on eBay for a replacement for the same reasons as the original poster.  What should I look for in a basic replacement phone?  What network compatibility in a replacement?  GSM?

Yes, GSM technology is what AT&T uses. Just so long as it's an AT&T phone or unlocked T-Mobile phone you should be all set. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, either.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.