Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 6, 2010
1:06:40 PM
propel a767 sim work in other phones?
Edited by LindaMRamos on Dec 6, 2010 at 1:07:37 PM

My propel screen has turned completely white.  I am not able to do anything except send and receive phone calls.  My contract is up in May and I do not wish to pay for another phone til the upgrade.  I was offered a Razor and a Blackberry.  Does anyone know if the propel sim will work in these phones?

My propel screen has turned completely white.  I am not able to do anything except send and receive phone calls.  My contract is up in May and I do not wish to pay for another phone til the upgrade.  I was offered a Razor and a Blackberry.  Does anyone know if the propel sim will work in these phones?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 6, 2010 2:14:55 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by Max69 on Dec 6, 2010 at 2:16:08 PM

Not for the BlackBerry it won't. You'll need a BB data plan. Your options are $15/month for 200MB or $25/month for 2GB. There is no longer an unlimited data plan for smartphones. And the BB data plans don't include text messages.

Accepted Solution

propel a767 sim work in other phones?

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 6, 2010 1:48:28 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by Max69 on Dec 6, 2010 at 1:48:48 PM

Your SIM will work in either phone, but be prepared to pay for a data plan if you put it in the BlackBerry. AT&T will detect BB and automatically add a data plan. I'd suggest going for the Razor.

Your SIM will work in either phone, but be prepared to pay for a data plan if you put it in the BlackBerry. AT&T will detect BB and automatically add a data plan. I'd suggest going for the Razor.

Re: propel a767 sim work in other phones?

[ Edited ]
2 of 7 (1,171 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 2:02:30 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by LindaMRamos on Dec 6, 2010 at 2:04:01 PM

I do already have a data plan.  I have the unlimited for 10.00.  So maybe it will work.  Thank you.

I do already have a data plan.  I have the unlimited for 10.00.  So maybe it will work.  Thank you.

[ Edited ]
3 of 7 (1,160 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 6, 2010 2:14:55 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by Max69 on Dec 6, 2010 at 2:16:08 PM

Not for the BlackBerry it won't. You'll need a BB data plan. Your options are $15/month for 200MB or $25/month for 2GB. There is no longer an unlimited data plan for smartphones. And the BB data plans don't include text messages.

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (1,152 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2010 6:25:32 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you for the info.  The Razr became unavailable so I have the bb and called about the data plan.  So far it is working great and an extra 5.00 for the next 5 months is still cheaper than 50.00 to replace the phone.  Thank you. 

Thank you for the info.  The Razr became unavailable so I have the bb and called about the data plan.  So far it is working great and an extra 5.00 for the next 5 months is still cheaper than 50.00 to replace the phone.  Thank you. 

5 of 7 (1,093 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2011 9:34:52 AM
(0)
Contributor

My mom is having the same problem with her a767 phone.  I'm looking on eBay for a replacement for the same reasons as the original poster.  What should I look for in a basic replacement phone?  What network compatibility in a replacement?  GSM?

My mom is having the same problem with her a767 phone.  I'm looking on eBay for a replacement for the same reasons as the original poster.  What should I look for in a basic replacement phone?  What network compatibility in a replacement?  GSM?

6 of 7 (521 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2011 9:54:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

DreadPirateMike wrote:

Yes, GSM technology is what AT&T uses. Just so long as it's an AT&T phone or unlocked T-Mobile phone you should be all set. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, either.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

DreadPirateMike wrote:

Yes, GSM technology is what AT&T uses. Just so long as it's an AT&T phone or unlocked T-Mobile phone you should be all set. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, either.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 7 (510 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments