opened 2 months account and want to switch to Iphone 5S

Highlighted

opened 2 months account and want to switch to Iphone 5S

Hi guys, I opened my att account 2 months ago and my current phone is htc one m7 32gb. And I want to know can I switch to Iphone 5S for free at att local store? Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: opened 2 months account and want to switch to Iphone 5S

If you received a subsidy for your phone, you are not eligible to update to the iPhone 5s. You will need to pay full unsubsidized price.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4

Yea, they've told me I have about $400 subsidy and I haven't received it yet. And if I switch to iphone 5s and is free do I still have that $400 subsidy?
Message 3 of 4
Expert

stevenye1991 wrote:
Yea, they've told me I have about $400 subsidy and I haven't received it yet. And if I switch to iphone 5s and is free do I still have that $400 subsidy?

the 400 subsidy was taken off the retail cost of the phone, you will not see it in the mail. You are under a 2 year commitment for your current phone, you will not be able to get a different subsidized phone until that commitment is complete. If you want to switch to a Iphone 5S it will cost you 649.99 for the 16GB model. the full price of the HTC One is 699.00, you paid the subsidized price of 199.00 a 400.00 discount for a 2 year contract

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support