Troubleshoot your device issues
Avnis009's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 8:18 PM

iPhone

I am part of a family plan with att two phones with data and two without i currently have a iPhone 4 and i am wondering i want to give it to one of the lines without a data plan is there any way that is posible?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

All smartphones on AT&T's network must have a data plan associated with them. You would have to add a data plan to that line if you want to use an iPhone on it. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I currently have several iphones on my account. Two have grandfathered in unlimited data plans. Both are 4s'es My question is: If I wanted to go with another smartphone. Can I transfer the unlimited data plan to it, or trade phones with my daughter (who also has an iphone 4s)?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Daniel56M wrote:

I currently have several iphones on my account. Two have grandfathered in unlimited data plans. Both are 4s'es My question is: If I wanted to go with another smartphone. Can I transfer the unlimited data plan to it, or trade phones with my daughter (who also has an iphone 4s)?

As of right now as long as you do not remove the unlimited plan on the number or put the sim in a basic phone you can keep it, if you upgrade to a different phone make sure the person handling the upgrade keeps you unlimited plan feature code. the unlimited plan cannot be transfered to any other number on the account.

Best bet - don;t upgrade online, upgrade in a facotry store and verify everything before you agree.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.