Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us NOW for a live “Ask an Expert” event!

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 11, 2013
9:22:12 AM
iPhone 4S won't play assigned ringtones.
Can anybody offer me help on getting a brand new iPhone 4S to play ringtones assigned to my Contacts??
Can anybody offer me help on getting a brand new iPhone 4S to play ringtones assigned to my Contacts??
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 11, 2013 10:11:37 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by beckyww on Jun 14, 2013 at 1:15:02 PM

Bja120282 wrote:
How other than turning off the phone can I reboot it?
It won't
Play the assigned ringtone.
I only have one contact with the assigned ringtone. Two different phone numbers though.

does the ringtone work othewise? A iphone ringtone has to be less the 30 seconds in length, and a file type of m4r

Accepted Solution

iPhone 4S won't play assigned ringtones.

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 9:40:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Have you tried rebooting your phone?
Does it play the ringtone when you assign it?
Make sure that you only have 1 contact for that person/number. I you have more than 1, it will play default.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Have you tried rebooting your phone?
Does it play the ringtone when you assign it?
Make sure that you only have 1 contact for that person/number. I you have more than 1, it will play default.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: iPhone 4S won't play assigned ringtones.

2 of 8 (4,625 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 9:44:52 AM
(0)
Tutor
Hi! Thanks for your help!! Unfortunately that didn't fix my problem. Other than shutting off the phone how else can it be rebooted?

Sent from my iPhone
Hi! Thanks for your help!! Unfortunately that didn't fix my problem. Other than shutting off the phone how else can it be rebooted?

Sent from my iPhone

3 of 8 (4,624 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 9:47:30 AM
(0)
Tutor
It won't
I only have one contact with the assigned ringtone. Two different phone numbers though.
It won't

4 of 8 (4,624 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 11, 2013 10:11:37 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by beckyww on Jun 14, 2013 at 1:15:02 PM

Bja120282 wrote:
It won't

does the ringtone work othewise? A iphone ringtone has to be less the 30 seconds in length, and a file type of m4r

Bja120282 wrote:
It won't

[ Edited ]
5 of 8 (4,618 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 10:24:21 AM
(0)
Tutor
It's the regular ringtone off iTunes.
It's the regular ringtone off iTunes.

6 of 8 (4,613 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 10:42:04 AM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks soo much it works!!!
Thanks soo much it works!!!

7 of 8 (4,609 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 11:23:11 AM
(0)
Guru

Bja120282 wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

I know your original question was solved, but to address this question... If you press and hold the home and power button at the same time, it should go black, then show the Apple logo. This is a "hard reset" much like turning off your computer without properly shutting down. It's a good way to restart the phone when it otherwise seems stuck.

Bja120282 wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

I know your original question was solved, but to address this question... If you press and hold the home and power button at the same time, it should go black, then show the Apple logo. This is a "hard reset" much like turning off your computer without properly shutting down. It's a good way to restart the phone when it otherwise seems stuck.

Sent from my mobile device, please excuse the spelling and brevity.

8 of 8 (4,600 Views)