iPhone 4S won't play assigned ringtones.

Tutor

iPhone 4S won't play assigned ringtones.

Can anybody offer me help on getting a brand new iPhone 4S to play ringtones assigned to my Contacts??
Message 1 of 8 (4,759 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: iPhone 4S won't play assigned ringtones.

Have you tried rebooting your phone?
Does it play the ringtone when you assign it?
Make sure that you only have 1 contact for that person/number. I you have more than 1, it will play default.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8 (4,751 Views)
Tutor

Hi! Thanks for your help!! Unfortunately that didn't fix my problem. Other than shutting off the phone how else can it be rebooted?

Sent from my iPhone
Message 3 of 8 (4,750 Views)
Tutor

How other than turning off the phone can I reboot it?
It won't
Play the assigned ringtone.
I only have one contact with the assigned ringtone. Two different phone numbers though.
Message 4 of 8 (4,750 Views)
Highlighted
Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bja120282
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

[ Edited ]

Bja120282 wrote:
How other than turning off the phone can I reboot it?
It won't
Play the assigned ringtone.
I only have one contact with the assigned ringtone. Two different phone numbers though.

does the ringtone work othewise? A iphone ringtone has to be less the 30 seconds in length, and a file type of m4r

Message 5 of 8 (4,744 Views)
Tutor

It's the regular ringtone off iTunes.
Message 6 of 8 (4,739 Views)
Tutor

Thanks soo much it works!!!
Message 7 of 8 (4,735 Views)

Bja120282 wrote:
Hi! Thanks for your help!! Unfortunately that didn't fix my problem. Other than shutting off the phone how else can it be rebooted?

Sent from my iPhone

I know your original question was solved, but to address this question... If you press and hold the home and power button at the same time, it should go black, then show the Apple logo. This is a "hard reset" much like turning off your computer without properly shutting down. It's a good way to restart the phone when it otherwise seems stuck.

Message 8 of 8 (4,726 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.