Troubleshoot your device issues
venice16's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 12th, 2018 4:26 AM

free ipad with purchase of new iphone 7

I recently purchased a brand new iPhone 7, i read online that i would be able to get a FREE iPad, and that the monthly charge for the use of the iPad would be added to the cellular bill. Why is it that i did not get the FREE iPad?

thank youo

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

6 years ago

When they give you a free device, they add it to a data plan, the cheapest you can go is a 1GB plan.  So even though I got a free tablet, I have to pay $17 for the data plan.  Hope that helps you to understand.

And since there is a 2 year contract, that only means that you have to keep the device on a data plan for 2 years.  I would look into a shared data plan if I were you for your phone and extra tablet.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

It could have been worse. I also took advantage of the promotion, however, I received the iPad and the full price of the iPad was added to my bill. I put the bill aside to call to dispute it but a few days later my mom died. After taking care of the funeral and grieving I called AT&T to try to sort things out. (They had already taken the money out of my auto pay account). The person on the phone told me I only had 10 days to dispute the bill. I told them again my mom had died and Could they please extend the time given because of the circumstances. They told me no and that when I signed the terms and conditions I agreed to abide by the rules. No compassion from this company. And I have been a loyal customer for over 30 years. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry for your loss... how horrible no one cares. No customer service at
all. Again sorry for your loss
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.