Explore & discover

Helpful Links

free ipad with purchase of new iphone 7

Highlighted
Contributor

free ipad with purchase of new iphone 7

I recently purchased a brand new iPhone 7, i read online that i would be able to get a FREE iPad, and that the monthly charge for the use of the iPad would be added to the cellular bill. Why is it that i did not get the FREE iPad?

thank youo

Message 1 of 4
Mentor

Re: free ipad with purchase of new iphone 7

When they give you a free device, they add it to a data plan, the cheapest you can go is a 1GB plan.  So even though I got a free tablet, I have to pay $17 for the data plan.  Hope that helps you to understand.

And since there is a 2 year contract, that only means that you have to keep the device on a data plan for 2 years.  I would look into a shared data plan if I were you for your phone and extra tablet.

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

It could have been worse. I also took advantage of the promotion, however, I received the iPad and the full price of the iPad was added to my bill. I put the bill aside to call to dispute it but a few days later my mom died. After taking care of the funeral and grieving I called AT&T to try to sort things out. (They had already taken the money out of my auto pay account). The person on the phone told me I only had 10 days to dispute the bill. I told them again my mom had died and Could they please extend the time given because of the circumstances. They told me no and that when I signed the terms and conditions I agreed to abide by the rules. No compassion from this company. And I have been a loyal customer for over 30 years. 

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Sorry for your loss... how horrible no one cares. No customer service at
all. Again sorry for your loss
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
All about the New iPad Pro 12.9. View New iPad Pro 12.9 Support
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support