i have bought a new data plan but its not working please help

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Krillz wrote:
I would advise for you to go to a corporate att store for better support to resolve this issue.

If they are trying to put a Iphone on prepaid service then the at store will not assist, that phone is not supported at all for prepaid service.

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

In general, you will need to check the settings. Do you have a prepaid or postpaid account? The phone brand and the type of account can limit what features you get out of a phone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

its pre paid with iphone 4s

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@debbielindsay01 wrote:

its pre paid with iphone 4s

which data plan did you buy, the tiered 300/3GB/5GB plan or shared? If it not a regualt plan the Iphone 4s is not supported for prepaid

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

i changed my plan to the $25 with 250 minutes then added the $15 data plan

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

You can probably get that to work if you have good luck finding someone at the store to help you.

Good luckSmiley Happy

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@debbielindsay01 wrote:

i changed my plan to the $25 with 250 minutes then added the $15 data plan

the iphone4/S is not supported for anything but the normal 2 year contract plans, from what you explain you are not on any of those plans, getting the phone to fully function under the plan you are on is your issue, att will not supply support for your configuration.

There have been reports onthe net of getting it to work, but your mileage may very.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

12 years ago

I would advise for you to go to a corporate att store for better support to resolve this issue.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.