Troubleshoot your device issues
mikeprosceo's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, October 8th, 2017 1:30 PM

can i use unlocked google pixel 2 phone with att and keep my att plan

I like the Google Pixel 2 phone and like ATT.  Can I purchase an unlocked Pixel 2 phone and use it on ATT and keep my same ATT phone plan? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

Sure you just won't get enhanced LTE services like wifi calling and numbersync

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Does that mean the M-cell  booster I have from ATT to get signal in my house won't work?  Not sure what number sync is.  Any other features we might loose?

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

6 years ago

No, M-cell booster will work. Wi-Fi calling would allow you to not have the booster and still make & receive calls. NumberSync allows you to have an LTE watch and have it share the number with your phone, so you'd get the calls on the watch when leaving the phone behind. Visual Voicemail is one other feature that you're likely to lose.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

6 years ago

FYI - a rep I spoke with said that the Pixel 2 WOULD be receiving NumberSync.  Unfortunately it sounds as if the original Pixels will not.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

No the new pixel is not getting enhanced LTE services.  The rep was  WRONG

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

6 years ago

@dmapr   I had not problem with visual voicemail through the ATT messages app.  

@jkimrey    Don’t ask reps without getting a second opinion here.  🙄.   At this time non ATT android phones are excluded by IMEI from advance calling features and HD voice.  This means no Wifi calling, no number sync and no VoLTE.   We would love to see that change, but we may see pigs fly first.  

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40, and I had no problems with WiFi calling using Hangouts Dialer, but my point was that neither feature is available through the built-in phone app 😉

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

Except Hangouts is half the app it used to be.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

6 years ago

@dmapr  My son uses FB calling, often on a phone with no SIM card.  Didn’t even know it was possible.  Does Hangouts use the regular number?

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40, the Hangouts uses the Google Voice number by default but it can be configured to use the verified mobile number instead. I believe that once configured it'll keep using that even when the SIM is not there or has been changed, although you need to re-verify your number periodically.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.