For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
jasel1978's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 16th, 2018 6:01 AM

att next plan

i got a new phone today an a few hours after i got it i decided i'm going to take it back. i've never done the next program and have been out of a contract for a long time. i gave the guy $400 toward the phone, but he gave me back $260 and said i don't have to pay anything on the phone today. i insisted on paying more on the phone, but he kept saying i don't have to and wouldn't take it.
he sold me accessory's i didn't need and all this will be returned tomorrow.

is the reason he wouldn't take more money when i paid for the phone, because he's trying to get me to make payments as long as possible, cause that means that's longer i would be with att.....is that how it works. is the next program good for you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

That is the way Next plans work. Unless a deposit is required, you only pay for taxes when you buy the phone. The cost of the phone is split into either 24 or 30 payments. The number of payments is fixed, by paying a down payment you only make each payment less. You will be charged a restocking fee for returning the phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

6 years ago

The Next program is basically a zero interest loan that you can pay off at any time. If you don't use the early upgrade option then it's definitely “good”. If you do then arguably you're treating it as a lease program and then you don't get the full value out of your phone, but gain in convenience. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

thanks for the answers guys!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.