att atrix 2 (ex plan) into a prepaid with working data?!? Is it possible?

Contributor

att atrix 2 (ex plan) into a prepaid with working data?!? Is it possible?

Here is the issue, times are rough and cutting back extra spending due to lack of money, which leads me to my topic. I have a iatric and want to go prepaid and still have data, I know I will need to purchase a data plan, so the real question is how? Do I change the Pans and does it work or even worth it?! If not what are some other options? Look forward to reading some input on this.

Message 1 of 4 (2,031 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: att atrix 2 (ex plan) into a prepaid with working data?!? Is it possible?

mat157soa wrote:

Here is the issue, times are rough and cutting back extra spending due to lack of money, which leads me to my topic. I have a iatric and want to go prepaid and still have data, I know I will need to purchase a data plan, so the real question is how? Do I change the Pans and does it work or even worth it?! If not what are some other options? Look forward to reading some input on this.

first question - is your atrix 2 still under 2 year commitment? If it is you will need to pay the etf before you do what you want, the etf is basicly 325.00 - (10.00 * number of completed billig cycles)

As for as pay as you go, have no idea if it will work, sorry

Message 2 of 4 (1,999 Views)
Contributor

thanks and no the phone is as you could say, "Paid off". 

Message 3 of 4 (1,992 Views)
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by ATTJulieCS (Community Support)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

[ Edited ]

mat157soa wrote:

Hi mat157soa, to answer your question, though you can use the atrix 2 on a prepaid account, you cannot use data due to it being a 4G device. For more information visit here . 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (1,483 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.