Troubleshoot your device issues
e71xuser's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009 5:54 AM

asian fonts for e71x

I just got the nokia e71x, and when I tried to surf the chinese websites, the broswer does not recognize any of the chinese fonts.  does anyone know how I would go about to get chinese font support for the e71x internet browser?

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

15 years ago

@e71xuser wrote:
I just got the nokia e71x, and when I tried to surf the chinese websites, the broswer does not recognize any of the chinese fonts.  does anyone know how I would go about to get chinese font support for the e71x internet browser?

I got my Nokia e71x to display Chinese fonts. The software you need is "Psiloc Crystal Chinese Localization"  v 1.54  for Symbian OS9.1. Use Google search to get more information. Send me a pm if you need addtional help.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

thanks for sharing Tim.

Do you know if there is a free version of Psiloc Crystal Chinese Localization"  v 1.54 donwload?

It seems the price tag is $89 fpr download.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

15 years ago

@sswang wrote:

thanks for sharing Tim.

Do you know if there is a free version of Psiloc Crystal Chinese Localization"  v 1.54 donwload?

It seems the price tag is $89 fpr download.

Just follow what I said in my original response.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Tim, the license of free donwload  of Psiloc Crystal Chinese Localization"  v 1.54  is only good for 10 days.

After 10 days, all the features of  Psiloc Crystal Chinese Localization is disabled on the Nokia E71x. How do we deal  with that?

Can you help to get a free license?

thanks

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

15 years ago

@sswang wrote:

Tim, the license of free donwload  of Psiloc Crystal Chinese Localization"  v 1.54  is only good for 10 days.

After 10 days, all the features of  Psiloc Crystal Chinese Localization is disabled on the Nokia E71x. How do we deal  with that?

Can you help to get a free license?

thanks

Please understand this is a public forum. The only way I can help you to get a free license is to write you a check for the software, and I am not going to do that. I said to do a google search, did you do that? Study every link on the first screen. If you still don't get it, then pm me.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

thank you very much. 

I have returned the e71x back to at&t, I really dislike the fact that at&t had it locked down so tight that I couldn't get air thru.  what I'm using now is the new N97, and with the application you recommended, I can read chinese perfectly.  Definitely better then skyfire. 

Again, my thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

hello tim,

I have the software (.sis) you recommended, but had troubles in installing it.  It says "unable to install" after "checking certificate".  Any idea?  Thanks in advance.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

14 years ago

It has been a while since I installed the software. I noticed there is a newer version 1.55 now available. Which one were you trying to installed? 1.54 or 1.55? Downloaded  trial version or registered version. Send me a PM.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

Hello,

In China we use a free software called FontRouter to replace built-in fonts with customized fonts on memory card, so that all places in the phone that is shown with built-in fonts could be replaced with other fonts that supports Chinese. We have been using this method to add Chinese support for phones without Chinese support for years.

This is much better than Psiloc, with four major reasons:

1. It is free

2. You can use any font you like, and it is on memory card, easy to change.

3. If you need other language support than Chinese, just replace another font, simple and convenient

4. It has a fail-safe feature. If it crashes when loading fonts at phone boot, it will automatically disable itself from auto-start after 3 attempts, so that your phone will work again.

However there are also some cons of the software.

1. It is not signed. You need to sign it with your personal certificate

2. There is a configuration file called FontRouter.ini. In most cases, you do not need to config it manually. However, in some very rare situations, you do need.

Actually I am now using FontRouter, and a font file that is combined from Nokia Sans S60 (for Latin, Greek and Cyrillic letter), Microsoft YaHei (for Chinese characters), Meiryo (for Japanese kana) and Malgun Gothic (for Korean hangul). It fits my need quite well.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.