For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
elizabeth19's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 25th, 2014 2:34 AM

Won't Connect To WiFi

We have 4 different devices in my house that connect to Wifi. 

Two iPod touches

A Laptop

An iPad

Before, every single one would connect to the Wifi without an issue. We had a bad storm, but didn't lose power during it, and since then, only the devices that were connected to the WiFi during the storm are able to connect. The iPad and the Laptop were both on the WiFi during the storm, but the two iPod touches were not. When we tried to connect them after, they attempt to connect, but can never really connect to the WiFi. We reentered the WiFi password and rest the router but they still won't connect. Any thoughts?

Scholar

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

Sometimes, it helps to use the "Forget Network" function on the iPod Touch, then setup the WiFi connection like you're doing it for the first time.

Try the steps listed on this page to see if it helps: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

10 years ago

@elizabeth19 wrote:

We have 4 different devices in my house that connect to Wifi. 

Two iPod touches

A Laptop

An iPad

Before, every single one would connect to the Wifi without an issue. We had a bad storm, but didn't lose power during it, and since then, only the devices that were connected to the WiFi during the storm are able to connect. The iPad and the Laptop were both on the WiFi during the storm, but the two iPod touches were not. When we tried to connect them after, they attempt to connect, but can never really connect to the WiFi. We reentered the WiFi password and rest the router but they still won't connect. Any thoughts?

Reset the network settings.  Settings>General>Reset Network Settings

I just did this for our iPad and it cleared it right up.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have a nintendo switch that won't connect to the internet. It will connect to the router but not the internet. And my other devices like my laptop and tablet are connected to the wifi. I tried hard reseting the router and it worked for a little while. Then when I disconnected from the wifi because I left somewhere. I tried to reconnect my switch to my wifi but it wouldn't connect to the internet. And I tried the same thing again but it didn't work. It kept saying the same thing. Then it ask me to login to the att account and saying that I have to pay. When we already paid the bill. I don't know what else to do to get connected back to the internet.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.