Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 8, 2009
11:03:21 PM
Windows update mobile on [AT&T FUZE]

Anyone have an idea what happen with the Windows Update feature on the Fuze?  After the Rom unpdate it has been inoperable (connection error verify time and date). Before the Rom update it was working giving me a message (No updates available at this time. 

1. What did at&t had made in the Rom?
  2. And is there a workaround?
I doubt that Microsoft in not monitoring the feedback for errors/crashes for patches and fixes as they want to maintain a reputation with there MOS clients and keep them happy.

Anyone have an idea what happen with the Windows Update feature on the Fuze?  After the Rom unpdate it has been inoperable (connection error verify time and date). Before the Rom update it was working giving me a message (No updates available at this time. 

1. What did at&t had made in the Rom?
  2. And is there a workaround?
I doubt that Microsoft in not monitoring the feedback for errors/crashes for patches and fixes as they want to maintain a reputation with there MOS clients and keep them happy.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 9, 2009 9:40:52 AM
(0)
Guru
this is basically a "useless" app - only updates are those available from either AT&T or in some instance, HTC.
Accepted Solution

Windows update mobile on [AT&T FUZE]

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 9, 2009 9:40:52 AM
(0)
Guru
this is basically a "useless" app - only updates are those available from either AT&T or in some instance, HTC.

Re: Windows update mobile on [AT&T FUZE]

2 of 4 (2,326 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2009 9:50:03 AM
(0)
Expert
Any updates to Windows are usually handled through a ROM upgrade.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
Any updates to Windows are usually handled through a ROM upgrade.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

3 of 4 (2,321 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2009 4:53:08 PM
(0)
Professor
The Windows Update infrastructure is used (rarely though) for carriers to push OTA updates to the phone. The only instance I know that it was used was when an OTA update was pushed to Samsung Epix owners. I do not however get an error when I run it.
The Windows Update infrastructure is used (rarely though) for carriers to push OTA updates to the phone. The only instance I know that it was used was when an OTA update was pushed to Samsung Epix owners. I do not however get an error when I run it.

4 of 4 (2,267 Views)