Windows update mobile on [AT&T FUZE]

Teacher

Windows update mobile on [AT&T FUZE]

Anyone have an idea what happen with the Windows Update feature on the Fuze?  After the Rom unpdate it has been inoperable (connection error verify time and date). Before the Rom update it was working giving me a message (No updates available at this time. 

1. What did at&t had made in the Rom?
  2. And is there a workaround?
I doubt that Microsoft in not monitoring the feedback for errors/crashes for patches and fixes as they want to maintain a reputation with there MOS clients and keep them happy.
Message 1 of 4 (2,389 Views)
Guru
Solution
Accepted by topic author Escorpion
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Windows update mobile on [AT&T FUZE]

this is basically a "useless" app - only updates are those available from either AT&T or in some instance, HTC.
Message 2 of 4 (2,339 Views)

Any updates to Windows are usually handled through a ROM upgrade.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
Message 3 of 4 (2,334 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

The Windows Update infrastructure is used (rarely though) for carriers to push OTA updates to the phone. The only instance I know that it was used was when an OTA update was pushed to Samsung Epix owners. I do not however get an error when I run it.
Message 4 of 4 (2,280 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.