Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Windows Phone Unlocking Questions and Discussion (All Models)

Community Manager

Windows Phone Unlocking Questions and Discussion (All Models)

How can I get my Windows Phone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 573
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Manager
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Windows Phone Unlocking Questions and Discussion (All Models)

Your device is designed to work on the AT&T wireless network, and may require a device unlock to operate on another compatible wireless network.

AT&T can send you unlock instructions upon request, provided that we can reasonably obtain them from the manufacturer and that you meet the requirements below. You should receive a response within two business days.

To unlock your phone, just complete our simple online unlock request form.

Business customers can request an unlock code for a business device Here.

Note: AT&T cannot unlock devices from other wireless carriers.

General Requirements for All Unlock Requests

• The device must be designed for use on, and locked to, the AT&T wireless network. (For help see Device Unlock Support )
  • It must not be reported lost or stolen.
  • It’s not associated with fraudulent activity.
  • All the device’s service commitments and installment plans are completed, and all early termination fees are paid in full.
  • The device is not currently active on a different AT&T customer’s account.
  • If you performed an early upgrade, you must wait the 14-day buyer’s remorse period before you can request to unlock your previous device.

Postpaid Customers

• Your account must be active for at least 60 days, with no past due or unpaid balance.

Prepaid / GoPhone®

• The device must be active for at least six months of paid service.

Non-AT&T Mobility Customers

• You’ve never had an AT&T wireless account and you meet the General Requirements for unlock requests.

Deployed Military Personnel (Current AT&T Customers Only)

• Current AT&T customers who are active and deployed military personnel, and have provided deployment verification, need to meet all the General Requirements, except those related to the device's service commitments, installment plans and early termination fees.
  • AT&T, at its sole discretion, may limit the number of devices military personnel can unlock.

Important:

AT&T reserves the right to deny any unlock request that it concludes would result in an abuse of this policy or is part of an effort to defraud AT&T or its customers. AT&T further reserves the right to alter this unlocking policy at its discretion without advance notice.

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 573
Contributor

Unlock code Nokia 520, IMEI number error on AT&T site

I try to get the unlock code for my Nokia Lumia 520 but the AT&T system doesn't recognize my IMEI number?? How can I get this code so I can use my phone in the Netherlands (where I live)? I bought this phone at an AT&T shop during my holidays in the USA last spring together with a GoPhone service. Thanks in advance for your anwers/help.

Message 3 of 573
Scholar

Re: Unlock code Nokia 520, IMEI number error on AT&T site

You have to contact customer service over the phone, and hopefully they can solve your problem by manually submitting a form for you

Message 4 of 573
Contributor

Re: Unlock code Nokia 520, IMEI number error on AT&T site

Hi,

That's the problem, I live in the Netherlands and cannot call a 800 number (toll free). Is there an email address which I can use?

Thanks.

Maarten
Message 5 of 573
Contributor

asus vivotab tf600tl unlock

Hi

I live in Korea, and I bought asus vivotab tablet 

but I can't find how to unlock it to use with korean carrier.

how can I unlock it?

Message 6 of 573
ACE - Expert

Re: asus vivotab tf600tl unlock

All unlocks must go through the AT&T unlock portal.

On this page, when you agree that you have read the terms and conitions, it will take you to the unlock portal.

AT&T unlock 

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 573
Contributor

Go phone Nokia 635

Hello 

I have a new nokia go phone of 635model the problem is wheather does it work out of USA like India , can i unlock the phone and it is not yet active up to now the device which i have is prepaid ones and No annual contract so can any one help me out from this problem the thiing is i need to unlock the phone.

Message 8 of 573
Contributor

Can't unlock Lumia 520

Got the unlock code 2 months and still can't unlock the phone. It kept asking for PIN when there was no PIN for the SIM. Nokia guy said it might be locked for 3 attempts with bad PIN and only AT&T can unlock the phone for that. Went to AT&T store and the guy sent me to nearby T-mobile store to get the AT&T phone unlocked. Tmobile guy tried but the phone was actually still locked, so I tried to unlock it again myself, but it's still locked because it says the unlock code from AT&T was wrong. Contacted AT&T and they verified that the unlock code was correct. Anyone unlocked a Lumia phone successfully? How? Thanks.

Message 9 of 573
ACE - Sage

Re: Can't unlock Lumia 520

No. But these are the suggestions if you are having a problem unlocking.

Review the unlock instructions and if necessary, repeat them to ensure all instructions were completed as directed. If you need to obtain instructions for your device:
Go to AT&T Device Unlock Instructions.
Select your device manufacturer, for example Samsung.
Look for your device model and follow the instructions.
For non-Apple devices you will need the unlock code for your device provided by AT&T.
If you have followed the instructions and are still unable to unlock your device, contact us for assistance:
AT&T customers call 800.331.0500 or 611.
GoPhone customers call 800.901.9878.
(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 573
Teacher

Re: Can't unlock Lumia 520

I went through the whole process of unlocking my Nokia 920 (just went off contract).  Got my unlock approval email but never got my unlock code.  Went through the process of talking to 2 different rep and doesn't seems anyone can get to the unlock code or even figure out why I never got my unlock code at all.

I'm on the phone again with another rep and thinking you guys are just making a simple process to be way too complex and wasting not only my time but your company's time and resources.

Message 11 of 573
Contributor

IMEI number is not found in the database. Why?

I was using at&t basic phone before but then I found Nokia Lumia 520 and it was cheap. So, I bought it. It is locked to at&t. I tried unlocking it by sending an unlock request (since I was travelling) and I got the error that the IMEI number of my phone is not in the database. What should I do? I really need to unlock the phone.

Message 12 of 573
ACE - Sage

Re: IMEI number is not found in the database. Why?

If you are using AT&T service you don't need to unlock the phone.
(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 13 of 573
Contributor

Re: IMEI number is not found in the database. Why?

I won't be using at&t since I am travelling back to my country. The problem is, at&t doesn't recognize my device's IMEI number.

Message 14 of 573
Contributor

Will Nokia Lumia 635 GoPhone work internationally?

Hi, I have a Nokia Lumia 635 GoPhone that I recently bought. I'm planning on going on a trip overseas (Bangladesh) and I would like to use the phone there. Do I need to get the phone unlocked to do that? Thank You.

Message 15 of 573
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support